Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Refund or Wait for Fix?  (Read 6000 times)

arf1410

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 270
Refund or Wait for Fix?
« on: April 17, 2005, 08:00:12 PM »

OK, I'm back from a weeks' vacation and I
had said that if there wasn't some
indication (via X10 Pro answering my
questions, or more positive posts in this
forum, by the time I returned, I would
demand a refund...I have gone thru a
regular unit, and now a diagnostic unit,
over the last 6 months, and have seen no
good indication the fundamental flaws (and
I am not smart enough to know if it is HW,
SW, or both) have gotten or will get
fixed.  Can anyone provide words of wisdom,
or should I just demand a refund on
Monday?  Or another exchange?  Yes, I know
the 30 days are long gone, but Company must
refund purchase price if they cannot honor
warranty (by providing working unit), and I
have seen no real evidence that anyone has
gone from a non-working unit, to an
exchange for a good unit - with the
possible exception of "steverf"
Logged

david k

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 126
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:23:11 PM »

arf1410

I notified X10 of terrible time issue
problems when disconnected from PC.  (Some
history, to get better RF, they sent a new
unit in early Feb.)  They recently stated
that the early diag units had a flaw that
really screwed up the internal clock.  New
diag units are not supposed to have this
problem...maybe you have an early model.
X10 is issuing me a new diag unit now and I
will try to get that to work before I give
up.  If you have a one of these early diag
units, maybe you should try for a new one.
The software fixes have been working fairly
well for me....

Luck
Logged

Observer

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 11:53:20 AM »

Well ARF1410:  What's it going to be?
Logged

arf1410

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 270
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 12:00:38 PM »

They offered to send me another unit, and
cover the postage, so I'm giving it one more
try.  If that unit does not work, I'll
probably go with "3 strikes you're out", and
asked for a refund.  In my converesation
with the customer service mgr last week, he
implied a he would give me a refund (even
though I placed my original order 6 months
ago), if they couldn't get the unit working
to my satisfaction.
Logged

SteveRF

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 13
  • Posts: 410
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

Arf,
I would be interested in what Diag unit you
get.  Mine is a 04J44 4Mar edition and it
seems to have a few quirks.  Maybe I should
have waited a bit longer...
SteveRF
Logged

Observer

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 02:20:47 PM »

If it is no greater than 05C10 you have the
early to mid March version.

I wish you luck...:-]

Please keep us hopefuls informed.
Logged

arf1410

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 270
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 10:11:13 PM »

OK - I received THE REPLACEMENT dIGNOSTIC
UNIT TODAY, WITH code 05C10, and my PC does
not recognize it!  I tried to usual
soltions, rebooting, remove batteries, etc,
and no lck.  It does recognize the old
unit, which I have not returned yet!  I
don't know whether to laugh or cry!
Tomorrow, I will call and try to get a
refund.  What a bummer, as a Cm15A working
as advertized would be a great product...
Logged

arf1410

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 270
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 01:41:43 PM »

I surrender ! They had no suggestions on
how to fix the problem of the PC not
detecting the unit.

I spoke with a customer supt. mgr. this
morning, and I will send both my units back
for a full refund, after 7 months of
frustration.  I will continue to watch this
forum, and if I find reason to believe the
problems are fixed, i may re-prchase this
item, as in THEORY, a prodct that has all
these features for 50 bucks is great - if
it worked!

Not sure if I'll buy the 1132CUP or
continue to use my CM11A...
Logged

Observer

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 03:49:29 PM »

My system is now operating satisfactorily; I
have replaced the X10 AHP/CM15A with 1132CUP
and V572AB and discarded the TM751ís.
Thanks X10 Company.  Your product
performance, service, and attitude helped me
decide.  Life is good again!
Logged

Lurker

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 11:01:43 PM »

I'm out.  Returning CM15A after 5 months.
Will go to CUP unit everybody is talking
about here.  X10 will not get my support
anymore.  None of my friends or anyone I know
will ever buy X10 products again.  Bye by X10
and have a good life.
Logged

One who is watching

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 02:07:31 PM »

That folks was not me.
Logged

Helpful Hints

  • Guest
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 02:29:23 PM »

Me nether I've already ordered mine.
Logged

SteveRF

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 13
  • Posts: 410
Re: Refund or Wait for Fix?
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »

I am going to continue using mine and try to
solve the minor glitch with the motion
sensors by blocking the light.  That should
help with the simlutaneous signal issue.
Everything else seems to be working ok for now..
SteveRF
Logged
 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.