Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Install AHP new computer  (Read 25055 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Install AHP new computer
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »

As Brian posted there are threads on my forum for this.
Copying files only will not get you a working AHP as registry entries need to be added.
Installing an European version from Marmitec will create those entries. You'll then need to over write the install with your back up files to get a North American version.
This will give you a working North American version however it won't be registered and you'll be nagged at each start up.
Authinx has stated they tend to make AHP freely downloadable like the European version once they get the servers back online.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RHBernard

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »

As Brian posted there are threads on my forum for this.  
Copying files only will not get you a working AHP as registry entries need to be added.
Installing an European version from Marmitec will create those entries. You'll then need to over write the install with your back up files to get a North American version.
This will give you a working North American version however it won't be registered and you'll be nagged at each start up.
Authinx has stated they tend to make AHP freely downloadable like the European version once they get the servers back online.

1.  Forgive me for asking this, but are you positive that the nonstandard AHP install created registry entries?  Not all Windows apps create them or need them to launch.
If there are such, I am not able to get into the Registry of my damaged WinXP Pro SP3 to see what entries the AHP install created.  
Do you have a working US AHP?  If so, Can you and would you, or another AHP user post the relevant registry entries or direct me to another AHP user with Regedit skill with an exhaustive list of AHP files and their associated register entries, with whom I could communicate.

2.  I am very interested in being a member of your site and participating in AHP discussions.  I have been on your forum, Mr. Tuiceman, the forum with the black screen (which incidentally is very hard to read even on a Mac with Retina display) and I applied for an account (as RHBernard and email xxxxxx@xxxxxx) but have not received any of the activation emails, which I have asked for several times.  Is it possible for you to look into that?

3.  I have been to the Marmitec site but finding it hard to locate the download specifics.

4.  Can you elaborate on "You'll then need to over write the install with your back up files to get a North American version."  Which files and in what way do they differ from the European versions?  Is this detailed on the Marmitec site or elsewhere.

5.  The X-10 oriented forums including yours, like all discussion groups, contain valuable pieces of relevant information related to their topics,  But to distill all those juicy tidbits of information into a recipe for reconstructing a damaged application.  My goal, is to get my AHP running again and as a programmer I like to start with a list of needed pieces and a flow chart to follow.  
6.  I have some of the needed pieces, but am not sure the list is exhaustive.  If my install was running I would create and publish on this forum or yours the exhaustive list of files and their paths, and the associated registry entries needed to simulate an AHP install.  
What I need to create that are some collaborators with the pieces I am missing.  Will they please stand up and identify themselves.
Of course, perhaps Authinx will recover and publish this soon and that won't be necessary.

edited by tuicemen to remove email address
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:18:33 PM by Tuicemen »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »

RHBernard
I've auto registered you on my forum, as well I sent you a email regarding this.
Sometimes auto notifications get sent to ones spam box.
The list of files needed to overwrite the marmitec version is on my site.
Topic: AHP reinstalls
Files for a new install on a new PC is similar:
Topic: New AHP install on new PC or new Hard drive

It should be noted the European version will work for the North American cm15a.
The issue is time zones and module info.
The European version also come with Smartmacros and OnAlert plug-ins both of which are free.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

RHBernard

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »

Bob;
There are some good threads on AHP installs. On Tuicemen's forums. Along with the information I expect to be added here.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=67.0

Brian,
There is one thing I am confused about.  Did all AHP US users go down when the server went down, or only those who had machine failures.  I know now that the AHP installer could only work with the server up, but did the running app need the server all all the time or when launching?  The latter would be a terrible matter.
I'm in the machine failure category, with a failed HD.  I have a lot of files back but there are three things I don't know:
1.  Do I have ALL the files?  So I need someone with a running AHP to give me a list of ALL the AHP files so I can know what I need.
2.  Does the AHP install Windows Registry entries.  If it does then that is another thing I need.  I have not been able to get into my XP registry, and need someone with Registry skills to send me those.  I can advise that person how to do that if needed.  Registry entries for a particular app are not hard to locate and copy to a file.
3.  Do you have a running US AHP and if so, could you help me with the above.  I'm preparing a list of everything I saved and could send it to you, so you could tell me what's missing.
Thanks,
Bob_Bernard@alum.wpi.edu

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 10:40:55 AM »

No when the X10 Servers went off line. Anyone using the US AHP and some of the plug ins that did not use the X10 Servers for accessing AHP remotely. Where OK. Other plug ins no longer work.

The AHP installation file {about 256K} went to the X10 Server to download the full program and then use the X10 Registration Server to verify you where a legitimate owner of AHP.
New computer installations or reinstalling to fix a damaged AHP. Don't work.

I am not the best person to do software stuff and probably can't give you much more information.
I do have AHP on my XP computer just to help others with their AHP questions.
My CM15A is retired and I am now a mix of X10 and Insteon automation.

There are some very good software gurus here and I would expect all of your questions can be answered.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:53:28 AM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »

I think the best approach until servers are running again is for us to have one locked post that includes a link to the Marmitek download and also provides links to download the individual files that must be overwritten once the Marmitek version is installed.

I think I have an ancient AHP installation on a retired hard drive, but I don't currently have a working US version of AHP on this computer.  I did try the Marmitek installation, which worked except for the timezone issue.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »

I have a working US AHP.
Though I am not sure I can find all the files installed.
Seem they are scattered around in different folders.
I also used REGEDIT and found all kinds of X10 refferences.

RHBernard

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

This is a followup to my post several days ago where I described in too many words my predicament.

I want to recreate my US version of AHP that was rendered inoperable when my hard drive failed and do so without needing the Marmitek version.

With a complete set of program and date files and any associated registry entries I should be able to reconstruct a running system, and post a complete procedure for helping others in the same situation.

I installed my AHP in late February, 2013.  When I discovered in November 2013 that my drive had failed the X-10.com company had already folded and a new reinstall was impossible.

I have been able to recover many of the AHP files from the damaged drive, and have pasted a list of these at the end of this message. 

I need someone who has an exhaustive list of the AHP files to read my list and tell me if my list is complete.  If it is not, perhaps that person can at least tell me the names of the missing files, and hopefully provide these files to me.

In addition I also need to know whether the AHP install created any Windows (XP Pro) registry entries.

I was able to run the XP Repair Console on the damaged drive but it could not find a complete enough Windows to open for repair.  So the registry is lost to me also.

Can that person tell me if AHP created any regedit entries and if so, can you provide these

With a complete set of program and date files and any associated registry entries I should be able to reconstruct a running system, and post a complete procedure for helping others in the same situation to recreate theirs.

The following is the list of AHP files from my damaged drive, listed below the folder paths where I found them.

-----------------------
In C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional
   ahpeeprom_r.bin
   ahpeeprom_r.txt
   ahpeeprom_w.bin
   ahpeeprom_w.txt

In C:\Administrator\Administrator's Documents\Desktop\ActiveHomePro
      ActiveHome Registration Code.txt
      setup0.122959545421512.exe
      setup0.159980824058042.exe
      setup0.188407620721595.exe
      setup0.376007365834997.exe
      setup0.524134375228645.exe
      setup0.896515529443608.exe

In C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro
       ActiveHm.exe
       ActiveHome Pro.chm
       AHP.dll
       ahp_config.xml
       ahp_plugin.xml
       ahp_security.chm
       ahp_smartmacros.chm
       ahp_user.xml
       ant.dll
       avcodes.x10
       AVX.dll
       emailprp.xml
       HOLIDAY.XML
       ICities.xml
       INSTALL.LOG
       MyHome.ahx
       MyHouse.cml
       Samples.ahx
       Video Samples.ahx
       X10(shortcut)
       x10Logo.gif
       xlinks.xml

In C:\
       ActiveHomrAtStartup.DOC (A screenshot taken during AHP installation)
       activehomepro.pdf       (The ActiveHomePro Users Manual)

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Bob

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 07:44:51 AM »

koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 07:52:10 AM »

I found one thing. When I connect a CM15A to a USB Port.
The file x10ufx2.sys loads.

I found a few of the files on my C: drive. I will do some further looking and try to see which one is in use. As there where a few different versions.

Device Manager shows c:\windows\system32\drivers\x10ufx2.sys. When the CM15A is connected.

I also used USBDeview.
It shows an  x10ufx2.sys entry for each USB Port I have used with the CM15A Interface. Over the years.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:29:09 PM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »

I found an Installation Log for when I installed AHP. I don't believe it was from the AHP SDK Installation and it looks like it was a accumulation of a few installs.
Not sure if it will be of any help.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:10:03 AM by Brian H »

RHBernard

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:47 AM »

I found an Installation Log for when I installed AHP. I don't believe it was from the AHP SDK Installation and it looks like it was a accumulation of a few installs.
Not sure if it will be of any help.

That certainly is interesting.  I didn't know that AHP install left behind a log.  Can you tell me the path where you found that file?  I could use that to see if a similar file was left on my damaged drive.
Bob_Bernard@alum.wpi.edu

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

I found that log in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common\Common
I found some X10 drivers for things like the VA11A in: C\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall

I also found another log in: C:\Program Files\X10 Hardware.
Some of these may have been from the AHP SDK Install or other X10 Software. Like the Firecracker program.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 03:54:38 PM »

I may be dealing with this issue myself soon as I'm in the process of clean XP installs on all my PCs.  The lab PC did have an old AHP installation, so I saved all files before wiping the system drive.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »

I have created a conversion tool which will bring the marmitek AHP 3.316 to the  North American version 3.318
However I haven't been able to get around the registration issues so the nag screen pops up on each AHP start.
Currently this is only available to active members on my forum.
However with enough interest I'll open it up.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.