Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 ActiveHome Pro setup  (Read 13301 times)

Mellowmark

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
  • M M Electric
Re: X10 ActiveHome Pro setup
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »

Nice Piece of info Efrain Morales.  Helpfull from Me.  I Don't know if I should ask here or start a new thread.  But I would like to know if you can check this usb conflict with the computer connected to a home network.  Or what is the best way to address this issue with PCs on a home network.
M M ElectricMan

Efrain Morales

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • X10 updates its software frequently.
Re: X10 ActiveHome Pro setup
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »

Hi Mellowmark:
You have a HAN (House Area Network) and I don’t think there is a problem. In the LAN (Local Area Network) there are PCs that connect to a computer though a docking station.  These have a removable cover underneath where there is a connection for a docking station. Without opening the top cover, you place the PC in the docking station and use a nearby keyboard and monitor to communicate. On this type of PC you don’t touch anything that has USB in the name; they have been specifically assigned, so you can move your PC to other docking stations that have identical settings.
I am glad you liked my post. If you want to see the best part, Google or Bing my name and add the words “computer maintenance” at the end (without parenthesis). Look for a post under External USB Hard Drive Stopped Working, revised 10/01/2009. I have not added that I use Microsoft Security Essentials, instead of Kaspersky.

Efrain Morales                                                                                10/29/2009
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.