Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can a .bat file tell AHP (with all the plug-ins) or the CM15 to run a macro?  (Read 4296 times)

LW

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Hi, I just ordered ActiveHomePro with all the plug-ins, and one thing I would like to do is make a simple .bat file to run a macro. Can ActiveHomePro or OnAlert or any related utility be run with command line parameters to activate certain X10 modules, e.g., lights, sirens, etc.? Thanks.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

As far as I know, batch files won't work with Active Home Pro or any of the plug-ins. In fact, WindowsXP and Vista don't even support batch files. Batch files went out with Windows 9X.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

LW

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying. If not with .bat files, can it be done with command line parameters with any of the .exe files?

Take care,

LW

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

You can make a batch (bat file) and it will run on XP( I don't know about vista)
LW:   what you  need is the SDK or to use the ahcmd.exe found in the  C:Program FilesCommon FilesX10Common folder
Your not going to be talking to AHP but the CM15A, thus you can send any housecode/unit code for a macro stored in the CM15A.
Most of the plug-ins require macros to be run from AHP so capturing video,sending e-mail,or security module activationdeactivation can't be done!
The syntax for the AHCMD.exe is: sendplc A1 on (sends "A1 On" over power line)
You can find more info in the SDK package or the SDK forum section.
Create a post in the SDK Section and be as specific as you can about what you'd like to do.
Someone may even write the batch file for you! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LW

Hi Tuicemen,

I am finding at these forums a wealth of knowledge and a wealth of generosity. Right on! To you, and to everyone else who helps and has helped us newcomers (I especially mention Puck for helping me several times, and I've only been here for about a day), thanks!

I don't know the full details of what I want to do yet, since my first order has only just been shipped, but I anticipate using the remarkable program BlueIris, a multiple webcam alert program, and integrating it a little with X10. When it detects motion in front of up to (I think) 12 webcams, it can send time/date stamped and watermarked clips by ftp and images by e-mail and stream to a webpage, phone you, and run a Windows command (I forget what else). I thought I might have it run a command, or set of commands, using the X10 system that would flash lights and run the powerhorn siren for 20 seconds, or something else along these lines. Eventually, if I had a powerhorn or two by each webcam, I suppose could have the system chase a burglar around the house and make each sensitive area intollerable. X10 should do something like this and advertise it: "X10 fights back! Have your X10 chase burglars around the house for you, and drive them out PRONTO!" (Ha ha.) When I figure out in more detail what I'm after, I'll head over to the SDK forum.

Thanks again!

philliec

Another possibility is to use x10Dispatcher (see Third Party Add-ons & Software). x10dispatcher does use scripts that I find to be quites useful. There are also many more possibilities with x10dispatcher.
Craig

steinie44

:D I run Windows XP and the batch files work fine.  :-

Working on some X10 files for upload if I can find a place to upload them to............

get-R-done...........!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.