Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do I blame CM15A or AHP???  (Read 12369 times)

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Do I blame CM15A or AHP???
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 01:03:53 AM »

I have a few timers and macros set up, yesterday nothing would work.  The AHP interface would show that the signal was sent, yet no lights would turn on.  I tried using my remotes and nothing would respond.  I have my CM15A plugged into an outlet and connected via USB to the computer.  Today, my computer started having issues with the CM15A usb connection and AHP is not showing the device as being connected, I changed batteries and the CM15A started showing up connected, yet I still cannot control any devices.  Is there a way to find out if the device is actually connected to the powerlines, or if it is running on batteries.  If the CM15A is running on battery power, then if it malfuctions their is no way to know why items are not opereating until the batteries die and AHP stops showing certain features.  Even though the history will report that everything is working as it should.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 09:22:49 AM »

Did you add any electronic equipment reciently?

It sounds like a noise problem. Start unplugging any new electronic devices until AHP starts addressing modules correctly. Then buy plug-in noise filters and plug all electronic equipment into them.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »

Also, make sure the CM15A isn't plugged into or even near a powerbar or UPS.  They will suck up most of the signal.

nklght

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 12:26:54 AM »

After dealing with tech support and jumping threw hoops, they determined that I do have a defective unit, and sent me an RMA on Monday.  I will be shipping my unit tommorrow and will probably recive a replacement in another week or two.  Thus, my system will not be working for  3-4 weeks.   >:(

GL

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 04:13:57 PM »

Hi All,
I have read with interest the capacitor fix (four .1 uf capacitors at certain locations) and think this would fix my problems (macros stop working - I only have two macros).  The original poster for the fix used X7R serires capacitors.  I cannot find that series locally, only mail order (adds $10 to the small cost of the capacitors).  Radio Shack carries the .01 uf 50 volt ceramic caps but they are a different series (series=tempature tolerance?).  Can I use capacitors that are not X7R?  I don't know that much about electornic theory but I feel very comfortable soldering.
Thanks.
GL

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 04:42:19 PM »

I have read with interest the capacitor fix (four .1 uf capacitors at certain locations) and think this would fix my problems (macros stop working - I only have two macros).  The original poster for the fix used X7R serires capacitors.  I cannot find that series locally, only mail order (adds $10 to the small cost of the capacitors).  Radio Shack carries the .01 uf 50 volt ceramic caps but they are a different series (series=tempature tolerance?).  Can I use capacitors that are not X7R?

There are a bunch a factors that affect the capacitor's series (temperature tolerance is one, serise resitance is another).  In general Radio Shack components are of poor quality, but if you don't have any other electronic component stores near by then you should be able to make do with them.  They certainly won't make the problem worse as there currently aren't any decoupling capacitors on the chips.

GL

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 05:04:34 PM »

Thanks roger1818 for the info.  I guess I will give the Radio Shack parts a try.  Like you said, something is better than nothing.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.