Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS10 software  (Read 13035 times)

Dave3891

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS10 software
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »

Is there and other software that will use ds10 door sensors with a CM15A? I know that activehome with the alert plugin will run with just the 2 modules but I dont want to use active home if possible.

I am able to see the sensor with out the alert plugin, but cant make a macro.

So if anyone knows of any other software, please let me know

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
Re: DS10 software
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

While it does require AHP and the OnAlert plugin to be installed, this technique will let you use AHP just to receive the DS10A signals, then use iHouse (FREE forever) for everything else.  Once configured, AHP itself does not have to be running, just the X10nets service job.  You do not need to save the configuration or macros to the CM15A.

http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/

I recommend AHP 3.228 - 3.271 made some internal changes that make it imcompatible with iHouse until we can find a work-around.  Here's how to do the DS10A deal:

Running AHP 3.228, you can use the DS10A security sensors.  I configure the DS10A in AHP and have it trigger a macro in AHP.  All that macro does is turn on a "dummy" X10 device.  I have a duplicate device (same address) setup in iHouse.  When that device goes on, I trigger an iHouse macro to do all the real work.  You will, of course, need the OnAlert plugin for AHP in order for it to recognize the security sensors.  One "gotcha" is that AHP won't send another "on" command if the dummy device is already on.  Easily solved by having your iHouse macro turn the device back off.

ITguy

J.B.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »

You could also purchase a V572RF32 RF receiver from WGL Designs.
These let you map the DS10As as a standard house and uint code without having to use OnAlert.
This should allow use of the sensors with any x10-type automation software.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:08:19 PM »

try misterhouse

Dave3891

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »

I am trying to do it without buying anything else. I have active home pro but not the iAlert plugin.
Will misterhome program the cm15a so see the sensors?
There must just be some command to make the cm15a send the ds10 status over the usb... I tryed a little with libusb but I couldnt see anything comming in...

floyduww

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »

I have some java based stuff that I was working on.

http://home-floyd.homelinux.com/x10AHPJava/

Not 100% complete ( or maintained anymore) but may give you a good starting point.

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »

Nice stuff!

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »

I have some java based stuff that I was working on.

http://home-floyd.homelinux.com/x10AHPJava/

Not 100% complete ( or maintained anymore) but may give you a good starting point.

Remember, most linux home automation servers run headless unlike desktops. Need to have CLI access.

Also to the original poster, check out vCrib for windows.

floyduww

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »

Yeah CLI access was in the plans.   And if I revisit the project will probably happen.  But since all my AHP stuff went back to windows I am not actively working on this.

Just thought that my work may be able to be a good starting point for someone else.

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »

Remember, most linux home automation servers run headless unlike desktops. Need to have CLI access.

Mine are headless, but I often use VNC, X11 -display 10.1.1.1 or some other GUI push. :)
Gotta love those remote desktop technologies bringing us to a place where X11 had us in the late 80's!  :)

Denny S

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 03:55:03 PM »

@floyd ... I downloaded your java classes and followed your instructions for running lib-usb.  Thanks much for posting the info.  It works great and is providing a good foundation to build upon.

I've been playing around with writing a new class for parsing out the RF codes.  I'm using about a half dozen DS10A window sensors, a KR19A keyfob, and a MS14A motion sensor, to figure out how to parse the bytes.

I modified your bulk read method to reverse the bit order for the bytes read in.  Not sure what's the correct bit order (big or little endian), but as long as I'm parsing the bits correctly, I guess it doesn't matter.  When I figured out how to parse the RF version of the Powerline command sent by the MS14A and the KR19A, the house code ended up being bit-flipped, so it was more convenient to just bit-flip everything and start from there.  An X10 engineer somewhere is laughing, thinking about someone having to reverse engineer the RF PLC string .... the device code and function code bit fields are all intertwined.

When I added in the bit-flipping code, lib-usb started spitting a USBTimeoutException.  It occured everytime the bulk reader hit the CM15A and there was no data, so I added a no-op exception handler for that exception, and modified the translate data method, so that it didn't unnecessarily send a null string down the line.

Thanks again for posting!

Denny

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.