Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: iWitness Recorded Video's cut short  (Read 22051 times)

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: iWitness Recorded Video's cut short
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »

two wireless cameras.  Each with its own separate wireless receivers. K11 and K12.
Both Receivers are near each other (20ft) One pointed North and the other pointed south.
I have tried using one receiver with the two cameras set at the same code such as 'D' on the receivers but I cannot get good reception from both cameras.  ONe will be good and the other bad.
If I leave both receivers on and just kill one of the cameras (say k11) then the receiver for camera (k11) will trainsmit enough garbage to interfere with getting a good signal for camera K12.
The only way I can get it to work is to kill both a camera and its receiver.
But AHP does not allow that in their scanning.

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »

You could play with a single receiver to get it working on both cameras...  I use one for 4 cameras.
Try setting the receiver 90degrees to all cameras or strait up to the ceiling. place the receiver as far from any monitors ect that create interference. maybe on a shelf higher up.
I have one receiver inbetween 2 monitors, I get a great picture, But if i move the receiver any way 2mm I get interference.

ALSO, in your setup as is....   If you set both cameras to different frequencies (under the rubber gasket) they may not interfere as much when switching as they would having both setup on the same (A-D) settings.

Try one camera on code A (NOT HouseCode) and the other on Code D
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

bronco

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »

I already have one receiver set to A and the other to D.  This absolutely means you need two receivers.  I thought that AHP was supposed to turn off all but the called for Camera.  I don't see that happening with is the problem.  I have tried moving a single receiver to many,many locations but I end up getting interference.  I don't get the interference using two receivers set at ( A & D).  It works ok, its that I can not use the scanning to go between cameras because all the scanning does is turn on the next one in line and never turns off the other one.
Therefore, I get interference.
I use an motion detector now to trigger a macro to start recording (AHP is still cutting the recordings short).  I get it to work fairly good with "Still' shots but Video is still a problem.
The other problem I have is that if the motion detector is hit multiple times it screws things up.
I have the motion detector that trigger a macro(N1) to see if flag2 is off, if it is then I send N4 signal that is on my PC that inturn turns on the camera and records for a minute and turns off.
I kept the macro(N1) simple so that multiple hits would not bother the N4Macro.
After multiple hits of N1 the N4 macro gets screwed up, I am guessing that there is too many collisions on the line, so N1 then always sees flag2 set so it does trigger N4.
I have tried many combinations of clearing the flag from N4, the most successful was sending a macro O15 to my old cm-11a that in turn sent out a N16 macro that is on the AHP to clear the flag.
From what I can find out AHP as well as the cm-11a are not designed to send a macro command to another macro on the AHP.  I have tried using phantom modules as well, but is not as reliable as using
the cm-aa. 
I have noticed an option in the AHP to allow multiple modules to use the same address which I have not explored yet.  I am running v3.302 AHP.  Do you have any experience on same addresses?

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 04:47:44 PM »

I thought that AHP was supposed to turn off all but the called for Camera.

Yea, in sets of 4 if i remember. I remember back that HC K had some problems, you tried different ones though :)

Could be Distance / Signal problems then (dirty power in home) no filters ect. things like that matter, so without specifics of size, age of home, equipment in home (TVs PCs) and their positions ect would take this all into account. you seem to know about this though? :) things like "Find other Computers" under "tools" shows your HCs clean?

Also there is a problem with video recording and such that could make troubleshooting troublesome ;)
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 02:34:28 AM »

The next update will contain several fixes for iWitness video recording problems. All of the items mentioned here will be resolved.

Say thinking about  purchasing this software have these video problems been resolved yet and how about the pan functions and tilt don't want any nasty surprises. Thanks

Tcj

bronco

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 07:45:54 PM »

The pan and tilt functions of the Ninja are severly limited because you have to send the commands over the air (RF).  They can't be sent down the power line (BAD design).  So if anybody has their cm15a more that about 30 feet from the Ninja (mine is about 200ft)  it won't work.  X10 tells me that if I use a SR-731 RF repeater that it will work to extend the distant.  I have purchased 3 for another purpose but wouldn't you know it that the models I have don't repeat the Ninja commands.  I would need a later model.
From an X10 Person " The date code of 03E22 on a SR731 indicates it will work with Ninjas and Vanguards.  Older codes do not retransmit those commands".

bronco

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »

AS of 4-29-03  AHP at 3.203   I can only get max video at 1m 3sec.
I have a delay on one camera of 3 min and another with 7 min delay.  Still restricted to short video.
I have a 2 second delay after video stop to allow the file to close.
 :-\
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.