Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro Fix Comming ?  (Read 14556 times)

PaulBennett

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
Macro Fix Comming ?
« on: March 18, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »

Talked with the guru's yesterday.  They are aware of the problem because of this forum.  They are working on a solution and the fellow said we are likely to have the solution posted here before they know about it in the main office.  We'll see.

My Situation:
Sensor on A2, Light on K11.  Macros works when no conditions are used.  Introduce any condition and it quits working.  When looking at the main program, the sensor green concnetric circles do indicate the rf it being sent.  Blue lights on the Macro icon button indicate the macro is triggered.  But no rf is sent to the lamp.  However if I mouse/click the blue Macro button, the lamp comes on. 

Latest software upgrade - latest products.  Awaiting system expansion if this ever works.  THIS SHOULD BE #1 PRORITY

Meanwhile, I won't order more product until this gets solved. 

dra_rich

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Macro Fix Comming ?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:06:37 PM »

Hey Paul,

I'm having the same problem, only mine seems to occur whether or not I have conditions set for the macro (merely having Smart Macros installed seems to do it).  Same story: the sensor shows activity, the RUN MACRO button flashes, but no RF is sent.  Very frustrating.  The activity log for both the macro and the sensor show the signals being received and sent, but no go.

--Dave

MacGyvr

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »

Same situation...simple macro to turn on a light as a test.  Can trigger it from the software by clicking the blue button, works fine.  Click the trigger on a remote and the blue square flashes, but nothing happens.  When is this going to be fixed?

mrmikeman

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:26:57 AM »

I had the same problem when I installed my software today but found a work-around.  Just select "Run from PC" at the bottom of the macro.  Then it will work always.

Obviously the PC has to be on and controlling...

Mike

bud

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:23:52 PM »

I have found that many macro problems can be solved by inserting a 1 second delay at the start of the macro.
Also, having the batteries in creates additional problems.  If you don't need timers, leave the batteries out, solves many problems!

One difficulty, my CM15 is plugged in away from my computer, when I move it to change programming, I lose the flags (the batteries back them up), but this is a minor problem for me.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 04:40:08 PM »

The 1 second delay worked for me too!

robandcathy

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »

I think i have the same problem, light is set to a12 trigger is set to d1 with time conditions and can not get it to work for the life of me, also tech support only works with email which sucks a**

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:02:59 AM »

Check under "Hardware Configuration" for "Transceived House Code(s)" and make sure the house code the RF device (sensor or remote) is set to is checked.  I have a RF remote set to house code B.  I find that if I uncheck B under "Transceived House Code(s)" the macros set to trigger on "B1 ON", "B1 OFF", "B2 ON", "B2 OFF", etc. don't fire.  Interestingly, the blue macro buttons for "B1 ON" and "B1 OFF" both flash when I press the "B1 ON" remote button, but nothing happens.  When I press the "B1 OFF" remote button, the blue macro buttons don't even flash.

As I have posted elsewhere, I prefer to have all "Transceived House Code(s)" checked unless it obviously causes problems.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

yvanmarl

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 12:34:10 AM »

"1 second runaround" and "Run from PC" are both fix that work well for me. 8)

As my PC stay on all the time, it does not bother me. Except for one thing: I'm new to home automation since last week. I thought that this "old"  ::) technology was a lot more debugged then that. I'm not a rocket scientist, but if 1 Go / sec can made it over a hair thin optic fiber, what it is so difficult to send some bytes over no 14 gauge wire? :-\

Just joking... ;D

Martin ;)

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:57:57 AM »

"1 second runaround" and "Run from PC" are both fix that work well for me. 8)

I was getting aggravated with this same problem...  until I saw this thread.  I'm still aggravated that this doesn't work as I assume it's intended to.  I put in the 1-second delay & am now running the macro from my PC, and it works, but what a bother!!  Any news on a fix for this?!?
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

DeltaNu1142

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 01:02:18 PM »

Summary/update:

I'm able to trigger my macros with RF IFF:
1) I insert a 1-second delay as the first step in the macro, AND
2) the macro is running from the PC

The good news is, AHP doesn't have to be running; in fact, I was able to trigger the macro when I was logged off of the PC (WinXP).  It'd be nice if I could run everything from the CM15A though.
CM15A with modded antenna - AHP & Smart Macros - IR543 - RR501s - cameras, switches, and sensors oh my!

ArtClark

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:15:03 PM »

This will sound strange, but, I am sure you are hitting the "OverRun" problem in the CM15.  IT is VERY easy to ask it to send more commands than can be sent.  The 1 second delay can help, but try pushing it to 2 where needed.  The PC interface is so slow (Why, I couldn't say...) that it has much less trouble with this.  If you set a simple macro to send "Off" to several modules, and watch the activity monitor, it Will SAY that it sent the command.  It actually didn't.

This is a little confusing, but I have tested this and it's true.

I.E.  Send via Macro in Interface   A1 off, A2 Off.    You'll see  A1, A2, A off.  You will usually get the result of only the A2 and A off.  A1 will still be on.  PC based Macro will work,  Interface macro won't.  Add a delay before and after the A1 off and you will get  A1, A off, A2, A off and all works.   

I'm sure that this is the CM15 processor is a little too fast for the PLC interface inside the CM15.  Stay aware of the required delays and all works great.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.