Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need help Smart Macros and flags  (Read 4171 times)

jmaresca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
need help Smart Macros and flags
« on: November 25, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

Need help, I am trying to setup a macro for my inside lights to come on when my alarm is set to away and it is between the evening hours.  I can get it to work when the alarm is set in the evening hours, but it will not work if the alarm is set during the day.  I am use a power flash module for the interface between the alarm and Active Home, which works fine.  What I would like the macro to do is turn on a light when the alarm is set and it is in the evening, but not during the day and also if the alarm was set during the day the macro would turn on the light when it becomes evening.  Not exactly sure if flags should be used?  I can get it to work fine as far as not turning on during the day and turning on at night when the alarm is set at those times.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, John
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 10:39:59 AM by jmaresca »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: need help Smart Macros and flags
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

jmaresca: You should use a Flag to let AHP know that the security is in the Armed in Away Mode.

You need something to trigger your lights on at night.... I just see you talking about Macros but are you using Timers?

My suggestion:
  • Set a Flag when Armed in Away Mode
  • Make a Dummy Switch and associated Macro to turn your light on IF the Flag is set
  • Create a Timer to Trigger that Macro at the time when you want the light to turn ON

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.