Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion Sensor Macro Problems  (Read 4139 times)

nimbleslick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion Sensor Macro Problems
« on: December 04, 2006, 01:11:15 AM »

My problem sounds simple, but I am having a devil of a time resolving it. The set up is simple - I have two nightstand lamps in my bedroom, both assigned as A2. Near the entry way, I have an Eagle Eye Sensor set to A1.

The set up works fine when the motion sensor triggers the lamps. However, I don't always want this to happen. I have tried creating several variations where motion sensor cannot trigger the lights after 1AM, but each time the lights simply flash on and off. Any suggestions? Thanks!

B

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Motion Sensor Macro Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:23:10 AM »

My problem sounds simple, but I am having a devil of a time resolving it. The set up is simple - I have two nightstand lamps in my bedroom, both assigned as A2. Near the entry way, I have an Eagle Eye Sensor set to A1.

The set up works fine when the motion sensor triggers the lamps. However, I don't always want this to happen. I have tried creating several variations where motion sensor cannot trigger the lights after 1AM, but each time the lights simply flash on and off. Any suggestions? Thanks!

For one thing, the motion sensor will be sending another signal on A1+1 (i.e., A2) from its light sensor.  Change your lamps to A3 and start over.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.