Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart Macros  (Read 7133 times)

jess

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Smart Macros
« on: January 15, 2005, 02:18:47 AM »

Is there any way that I can uninstall Smart
Macros?  I can't create a macro without
using it and I can't run a macro created
with it.

stan gale

Re: Smart Macros
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »

Good question.

I bought AHP a few years ago and must have spent 30 hours fussing with it and writing in these forums because nothing seemed to work intuitively or seemed to make sense.
(For instance, why do Macros have to exist seperately from timers????)
Finally - somehow I was able to make the house lights turn on at Dusk, repeat the command to do so several times, (because this was needed to make them come on reliably),
then shut off at 10PM - repeating the signal several times again.
Well a few years later the old computer was retired and somehow the CM15A lost it's memory so I have had to start all over again.
The house is sure dark now - for days different configurations of timer, macros, dummy modules, etc. have been tried.
Come dusk - no lights come on.
Now if I was illiterate, not computer savvy, incompetent, it'd be easy to blame it on stupidity, but guess what - ALL MY OTHER "STUFF' WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:57:42 AM »

Good question.

I bought AHP a few years ago and must have spent 30 hours fussing with it and writing in these forums because nothing seemed to work intuitively or seemed to make sense.
(For instance, why do Macros have to exist seperately from timers????)
Finally - somehow I was able to make the house lights turn on at Dusk, repeat the command to do so several times, (because this was needed to make them come on reliably),
then shut off at 10PM - repeating the signal several times again.
Well a few years later the old computer was retired and somehow the CM15A lost it's memory so I have had to start all over again.
The house is sure dark now - for days different configurations of timer, macros, dummy modules, etc. have been tried.
Come dusk - no lights come on.
Now if I was illiterate, not computer savvy, incompetent, it'd be easy to blame it on stupidity, but guess what - ALL MY OTHER "STUFF' WORKS PERFECTLY!!!

1. Uninstall everything. Delete ALL files and the Active Home Pro and the X10 folder in Common Files.

2. Reinstall just AHP. No plug-ins.

3. When that is done, open AHP, clear the CM15.  Do not upload anything yet.  Create a new room and a single module in it.  See if AHP can turn it on and off.  If that works, create every room you had, checking each to verify they work.   Once you have done that, begin creating timers and macros. Remember, macros all reside in the Macros room in AHP.  Upload to the CM15 and observe that all timers work properly.

4.  BACK UP ALL .ahx files EVERY TIME you make a change.  Do it on separate media (flash disk)  that way you don't lose them.

Good luck!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

stan gale

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »

Thanks for your advice.
After lots of testing - the problem is that "Timers" are flakey.
Macros work, and activating Macros with remotes work.
The "Dusk" feature simply does not generate a command on the Activity Monitor.
Erased interface, removed-reinstalled batteries. No change.
Did tests with simple timers - sometimes they work - other times they don't.....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.