Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Macro timer problems  (Read 32250 times)

****W

  • Guest
Macro timer problems
« on: December 06, 2004, 10:21:54 AM »

I am having a problem with my delay times
in macros on AHP 3.172.  For some of my
macros I have delays between events in the
macro.

It seems that the first time delay is
accurate and each sucessive delay increases
exponentially.  Has anyone else had a
problem with this?

I am not using conditions on these
particular marcros, just a simple trigger.

Logged

Burdy

  • Guest
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:14:11 AM »

Yes, I think I'm seeing something similar,
although I am using conditionals.  I have a
macro that sets a flag bit as the final step
after a 1 minute delay, and noticed it
never got set until many minutes after it
should have. Repeating the macro, it never
got set at all-- I assumed it had died,
although the AHP wasn't locked up and was
executing other macros (without delays) OK.
Something funny seems to be going on (also
using 3.172).
Logged

jdelapen

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 12
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 12:13:13 PM »

I have exactly the same situation.  I think
the problem resides in the fact that AHP
3.172 is adding the accumulated times
instead of the individual delay times in
macros (delay times are shown inside a box
in the macros view and accumulated times
are shown in each step to the left of
the “macro chain”).  This is the cause for
erratic behavior and also explains why the
delays grow exponentially.  The difference
between the information you can see in the
GUI and the one that is loaded to the
interface can be found in the
ahpeeprom_w.txt file, which shows the
information that has been loaded to the
eeprom.

If this is the case, I believe it should be
fairly easy to come up with a fix from X10
programmers very soon (at least that is
what I hope…)
Logged

jdelapen

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 12
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 12:13:32 PM »

I have exactly the same situation.  I think
the problem resides in the fact that AHP
3.172 is adding the accumulated times
instead of the individual delay times in
macros (delay times are shown inside a box
in the macros view and accumulated times
are shown in each step to the left of
the “macro chain”).  This is the cause for
erratic behavior and also explains why the
delays grow exponentially.  The difference
between the information you can see in the
GUI and the one that is loaded to the
interface can be found in the
ahpeeprom_w.txt file, which shows the
information that has been loaded to the
eeprom.

If this is the case, I believe it should be
fairly easy to come up with a fix from X10
programmers very soon (at least that is
what I hope…)
Logged

Burdy

  • Guest
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 12:25:33 PM »

I can't find the ahpeeprom_w.txt file
anywhere on either of my machines (Win98 &
Win98SE); does this file only appear on
machines using XP??
Logged

jdelapen

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 12
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 12:37:21 PM »

Burdy,

I don’t know where is located that file on
Win98 because I use WinXP.  In XP the file
is located here:
C:/Documents and Settings/All
Users/Application Data/Active Home
Professional

Hope this helps…
Logged

Burdy

  • Guest
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 12:56:14 PM »

Thanks.  I don't have that directory (though
there is a C:\Windows\All Users\Application
Data\X10 Settings directory, and a
C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common,
but the file isn't there).  I can't find it
anywhre on the machine.  Must be a Win98 vs.
XP thing.
Logged

X10 Pro

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • Posts: 1416
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 02:00:43 PM »

I didn't think we changed anything related to
macro delays, but it sounds like something is
wrong. We'll take a look and hopefully have
something soon.
Logged

holger

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 36
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 04:51:06 PM »

AHP Team,
please read my direct e-mails to AHP
support from 5th Dec2004 + the attachements.
Macro timers are suddenly shortend with
Vers. 3.172 to less than one hour !
They were previosly correct 4:10 ~> 240 Min
in the/my AHPXXXX.txt file < 3.172
Holger
Logged

holger

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 36
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 04:51:41 PM »

AHP Team,
please read my direct e-mails to AHP
support from 5th Dec2004 + the attachements.
Macro timers are suddenly shortend with
Vers. 3.172 to less than one hour !
They were previosly correct 4:10 ~> 240 Min
in the/my AHPXXXX.txt file < 3.172
Holger
Logged

holger

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Helpful Post Rating: 0
  • Posts: 36
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 04:53:11 PM »

AHP Team,
please read my direct e-mails to AHP
support from 5th Dec2004 + the attachements.
Macro timers are suddenly shortend with
Vers. 3.172 to less than one hour !
They were previosly correct 4:10 ~> 240 Min
in the/my AHPXXXX.txt file < 3.172
Holger
Logged

X10 Pro

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • Posts: 1416
Re: Macro timer problems
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »

Holger: I saw your e-mail, and you should
have a response. We've fixed one problem
related to the delay, and are looking at the
other one you reported.
Logged
 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.