Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Daylight Savings - NOT!  (Read 137171 times)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Daylight Savings - NOT!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »

<snip>
5.   Ran AHP and cleared the CM15A memory. I know, removing the batteries should have done this. Humor me.
   <snip>

FYI: The CM15A has non-volatile memory; unplugging and removing the batteries will not clear it.

WOW NVS who would have thought that? THANKS. Anyway, that's what technical support has told me NUMEROUS times in the past.

The batteries just keep the clock running in the event of a power failure.  The CM15A will run fine without batteries so long as the AC power isn't interrupted.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

tucsonuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36:53 PM »

Charles,

Thanks for the input. I guess when all else fails I use a bigger hammere to resolve problems.

just a little related subject to the NVS. I've had times when the PC didn't recognize that I connected the CM15A. Technical support had me
1) Unplug the unit from the PC.
2) Removed the batteries.
3) Install the batteries again.
4) Connect the unit to the PC and the PC found the unit.

Do you have any ideas of what was going on during thesee operations?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 02:14:47 PM »

just a little related subject to the NVS. I've had times when the PC didn't recognize that I connected the CM15A. Technical support had me
1) Unplug the unit from the PC.
2) Removed the batteries.
3) Install the batteries again.
4) Connect the unit to the PC and the PC found the unit.

Do you have any ideas of what was going on during thesee operations?

The user program is stored in NVM. The microcontroller, which is also the USB interface, has a small amount of internal RAM used for software and device control. When you remove all power, this is the memory that gets cleared and resets the CM15A.

tucsonuser

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »

Okay it looks like somebody update the old KB article.
Here's what it now looks like
:

Since there are enough places in the US that do not use Daylight Savings Time anyhow, AHP copies the time, date, and Daylight Savings Time settings from your computer. ActiveHome Pro is designed to keep time when running by itself, but this does not work correctly with Daylight Savings Time right now. Currently, ActiveHome Pro applies old, out-of-date DST adjustments when it is NOT connected to the PC.

If you have Windows Update turned on and keep the CM15A connected all the time, that should keep your Daylight Savings Time information in sync with whatever changes are made. If your CM15A runs by itself, you will need to hook it back up to the PC and run Tools-Download Timers and Macros to make sure it has the correct dates for Daylight Savings Time. Do this four times a year- on the old and the new DST days. If you do not have DST in your area, you will need to update the unit twice a year- it does not ignore DST correctly either.

We are taking steps to correct these errors. We hope to have it resolved in time to Spring Forward. If you have any questions about this please email ahpsupport@x10.com.

I underlined the part that affects non-DST regions.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:29:16 AM by tucsonuser »

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »

Thanks tucsonuser!

I'm just hoping the code is not hardwired into the CM15A.
Let's hope it can be done with just a software update or a field firmware update to the CM15A.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

tucsonuser

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »

WELL, I'm back. I just checked for an update and it STILL says I have the latest (3.204) version. Are we EVER going to get an update for this problem?????

tucsonuser

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

Can you belive this? WTF are they doing to us. 3 years and no answer. Are these people working out of a garage in Indina some where? After amost 3 years they now jerk us around for another 6 months. I have used X10 sutuff for maybe 20 years plus. When I get my next house I will seriously consider never using it again!!!!!!

Since there are enough places in the US that do not use Daylight Savings Time anyhow, AHP copies the time, date, and Daylight Savings Time settings from your computer. ActiveHome Pro is designed to keep time when running by itself, but this does not work correctly with Daylight Savings Time right now. Currently, ActiveHome Pro applies old, out-of-date DST adjustments when it is NOT connected to the PC.

If you have Windows Update turned on and keep the CM15A connected all the time, that should keep your Daylight Savings Time information in sync with whatever changes are made. If your CM15A runs by itself, you will need to hook it back up to the PC and run Tools-Download Timers and Macros to make sure it has the correct dates for Daylight Savings Time. Do this four times a year- on the old and the new DST days. If you do not have DST in your area, you will need to update the unit twice a year- it does not ignore DST correctly either.

We are taking steps to correct these errors. We hope to have it resolved in time to Fall Back in 2008. If you have any questions about this please email ahpsupport@x10.com.

Taking steps....BULL. Look back and see where they changed the target timeframe. I just cannot believe that these people really care about this problem. Someone has to be held accountable for the update. Am I upset, you bet your @ss I am.

I just sent an email to Eric Boyd [prioritysupport@x10.com], the person I contacted way back in 2006
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:38:23 AM by tucsonuser »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:28 PM »

I was just updating XP on my PC, and noticed that Microsoft has yet another DST update.   ::)

Seems nobody can get it right.   ;D
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

tucsonuser

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

There are actually 2 problems going on here. One is that Daylight savings time has changed. The other is that AHP doesn't recognize that some states or cities no not have DST. It was simpler in the past when we checked the DST on/off box.

The second on is what I’ve be waiting to have fixed for close to 3 years. HOW SAD.

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »

There are actually 2 problems going on here. One is that Daylight savings time has changed. The other is that AHP doesn't recognize that some states or cities no not have DST. It was simpler in the past when we checked the DST on/off box.

The second on is what I’ve be waiting to have fixed for close to 3 years. HOW SAD.

AHP is supposed to get its calendar info from Windows, and Win XP has a check box for DST.  What happens if you turn it off there?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

tucsonuser

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 04:06:44 PM »

Charles,

I just looked in Control Panel and I don’t find a check box for DST. I find that I’m currently set for “MST”. Just for the record my PCs both keep the proper time, and don’t jump forward/fall back when we go across the DST Spring and Fall dates.

I really sure this is a AHP problem as it did not happen with the previous version that used the serial port and I believe had a check box for DST.

Thanks

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »

Don't forget that rather odd DST correction that happen to several of us one weekend this past December (12/16).  That doesn't fit anyone's rules, old or new.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:16:12 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Charles Sullivan

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »

Charles,

I just looked in Control Panel and I don’t find a check box for DST. I find that I’m currently set for “MST”. Just for the record my PCs both keep the proper time, and don’t jump forward/fall back when we go across the DST Spring and Fall dates.

I really sure this is a AHP problem as it did not happen with the previous version that used the serial port and I believe had a check box for DST.

Thanks

Right click on the clock in the task bar and select "Adjust date and time".  In the timezone tab there's a box for "Automatically adjust for DST".  My recollection (which may be faulty) is that this turned off DST in AHP.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »

Any word yet on leap year support?  I mean, w/o a PC being needed to correct the CM15A.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

My guess, between Slim and None.   Leap years come every four years, so that's very low priority.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.