Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time zone wrong  (Read 14042 times)

steve r

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Time zone wrong
« on: January 08, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

The time zone displays wrong in my Active
Home software.
It displays as Pacific instead of Eastern time.
I have the correct City and State selected.
How do I fix this?  Any help appreciated.
Thank you!

janderson15

Re: Time zone wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

I have the same problem, have you resolved?

janderson15

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

Found my problem.  The Time Zone was set incorrectly on my computer.  Evidently the time zone is not determined by Active Home but from the computer time zone settings.  Hope this helps.

windworks

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

Hello all!  X10 user since 1981, and currently using the CM15 interface with AHP v3.228. 

After many years of the CM15A working perfectly with sunrise/sunset events, this past December 2009 the sunrise/sunset based events failed.  Hard timed events (on at 7pm, off at 11pm) work fine.  Instant events work fine.  But astronomical clock based events are waaaay off, despite what AHP software thinks.  At first I thought it was old batteries - fresh batteries did not help.  How is it that the sunrise/sunset clock is off?

One more odd event - this past weekend (April 3, April 4), the DST clock seems to have self switched - as if it was the OLD DST switch which used to indeed happen this weekend.  After plugging in the CM15 into my PC, it saw the PC's time and is back in proper sync.  Does this mean the firmware in the CM15A is still setup for the old DST?  If so, how do I update that other than to use AHP under hardware configuration (which I've done).

Is there a missing firmware update for the hardware that is different from AHP v3.228?

Rgds,
Art

Bill59

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:26:24 AM »

It happened to me to. It is the new software rev. There are posts to go back to a different rev. on here some where. I just download the cm15a again, and were back in business for a couple of months until we move the clocks again.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

Bill, it is not the AHP software, as posted in another part of the Forums, the OLD DST dates are HARD CODED in the CM15A's firmware.  If it is not connected to the PC, it will use the old dates.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Bill59

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »

Sorry for the bad info guy's. I'm so confused B:(

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:34:34 PM »

Bill, where do you keep your CM15?  Not near the PC with AHP, I presume.   It's your choice, but having the CM15A near the PC that has AHP takes all the DST worries away, the PC makes the change and AHP and the CM15 just follow along.  Timers and macros run as established at the proper times.  No muss, no fuss.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Bill59

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 05:59:47 AM »

I use a laptop, It's really no big deal. Someday I'll get an old computer and hook it up.

AZDoug

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »

...the OLD DST dates are HARD CODED in the CM15A's firmware.  If it is not connected to the PC, it will use the old dates.

I'm using the BMB Europe version of AHP V3.251 (I believe)  with my U.S. CM15.  I didn't get any time shift over the weekend of April 3,4 and my CM15 was operating on its own.  I have a chime set to go off 3 times a day to check the clock accuracy, and I would have noticed it.  Other people have said that the BMB version doesn't have DST, and my experience so far seems to confirm that. 

If I remember correctly, the old AH software for the CM11 allowed the user to check whether or not to use DST. 
As Dan mentions above, DST is hard coded in the CM15.    It seems that for my CM15 (using BMB software), not to respond to DST dates, there must be a flag in AHP that enables the DST shift dates.  If that flag is turned on in the U.S. version and not turned on in the Eu version, then the version of AHP you use must determine whether you have DST active or not, regardless of wheter the DST dates are contained in the .ahx file or ROM in the CM15.   

So far, this is just a guess, since I've had enough problems with AHP, the CM15 and my house wiring to turn my hair more grey than it already is.  I get another chance to test the theory in a few months.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.