Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JUST PLAIN JUNK  (Read 14417 times)

allan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
JUST PLAIN JUNK
« on: January 16, 2006, 09:08:17 PM »

20X26 HOME AND PICTURE IS TERRIBLE,NO FANCY
STUFF IN THIS HOUSE TO INTERFER WITH,WHATS
UP WITH THAT,,,JUST PLAIN JUNK.$79.95 is
$79.95 to much!!!!!bought a better system
elswhere...

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
Re: JUST PLAIN JUNK
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

That's just your personal opinion and not that of the majority. Every time someone has a problem they automatically consider it "junk", when 90% of the time it's nothing more than operator error. Reception can be distorted by many things including motors running in appliances that are on the same circuit as the camera, as well as your neighbors having either wireless camera's to wireless routers for their home networks.
 I realize that some will be pissed at me for my comments, but I've been an IT person for over 25 years, before most of you even knew what a computer was and have seen it all and then some. It's all about technology, and if you don't take the time to understand and learn about something before or even while you start using it, you're guaranteed to have issues, most of it being operator errors. It's not to say X10 doesn't have issues with some products, afterall, they are mass produced like automobiles and damn near everything else you buy. Now tell me that GM or any other larger corporation hasn't had major issues and recalls far worse than X10 has ever had...... you can't and be honest about it, period.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:06:20 PM »

Well yes and no some of x10's stuff is junk I agree like the VCR Commander II. I'm on my 5th one none of them will even learn the house codes right out the box. Had a regular VCR Commander tried it seemed to work fine put it back in the box took it out about 6 months latter after I bought more equipment and it apparently broke itself while setting in the box, failed to learn house codes and wouldn't accept programing for the vcr remote. Now as for the cameras they work perfectly, I just love the floodcam!! but what good is it if one of the key components is defective. And yes I know how to set this stuff up I've done it so many times I think I could do it in my sleep now. So yes quality is definitely an issue not with everything but with enough!! Last example had to send my DS7000 back 4 times before I got one that worked properly. Some of this stuff is fantastic and very imaginative I believe the designs are basically solid I just think it's a quality control issue as with most electronics made in CHINA.

Tcj
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:43:14 PM by tom j »

netguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »

Most likely you have interference problems.
I just posted the following message under "Interference of X-10 Equipment" thread:
Interference of X-10 Equipment
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:18:34 AM by TakeTheActive »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.