Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Increase RF  (Read 5690 times)

marineau

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Increase RF
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:41 AM »

In my house (1600 ft sq), if I want increase my RF signal, but I don't want use a repeater !

Does I can increase my RF signal (reception) if I install many TM751 to same house code ?
If yes, does I will have X10 command duplication (in wire) if two or three TM751 receive a same RF signal in same time ?

Thanks

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Increase RF
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »

If yes, does I will have X10 command duplication (in wire) if two or three TM751 receive a same RF signal in same time ?

Multiple TM751's on the same house code will cause problems with your power line signals. Use different house codes. Better yet, use RR501's on different house codes to prevent simultaneous power line signals and multiple signals.

marineau

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:50:44 AM »

Multiple TM751's on the same house code will cause problems with your power line signals. Use different house codes. Better yet, use RR501's on different house codes to prevent simultaneous power line signals and multiple signals.

I want able to control all B code anywhere in my house by RF remote, Today I use once TM751, but his RF Range is irregular, sometimes it is correct, and sometimes not !

If I buy and install three RR501 on same house code , so I will have 3 times a same power line signals. Anyone say me that a RR501 wait that a command in power line would finished to send another !

Have you a suggestion ?

Thanks

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »

From what I understand, the RR501 will wait and send the signal when the power line is free. This could case commands like DIM or BRIGHTEN to be sent once for each transceiver.

Sounds like the WGL V572AB all housecode transceiver is what you need.

marineau

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 02:28:53 PM »

From what I understand, the RR501 will wait and send the signal when the power line is free. This could case commands like DIM or BRIGHTEN to be sent once for each transceiver.

Sounds like the WGL V572AB all housecode transceiver is what you need.

I just visit your link... and very intersting for me !!!
But I would like better W800RF32A. Probably I could resolve all my problem.
Use W800RF32A  for receive RF signal, and send any command needing below period time, config, and others
by my own program.

IE: If I want don't use my MS sensor while I'm sleeping, so My programm could ignore these adress !

IE: I'm obligate to define SS13A like this: button1 to B1, button2 to B2 and button3 to B3, so with W800RF32A , when receive RF signal B1,B2,B3, so my programm could send on a power line exactly that I want to do !

IE: I could use Security module for other apply.

But a best is his RF Range, instead to use many TM751, or one poor RF range of CM15A (slowly) ...

Thanks Puck !

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 04:56:13 PM »

The W800RF32 sends raw data to a serial port on a computer. A program that knows the raw data and can then send X10 commands is needed to properly use that receiver.

cisco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 12:27:28 AM »

The W800RF32 sends raw data to a serial port on a computer. A program that knows the raw data and can then send X10 commands is needed to properly use that receiver.

Brian, so this means that I can not use the W800 with AHP?  What is the best way to extend my RF range?

Thanks for the help.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.