Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: W800 + Halloween + Sound Effects  (Read 6185 times)

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
W800 + Halloween + Sound Effects
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

Halloween Fun Sharing Time (+Application promotion)  ;D

http://www.tipsternet.com/articles/w800rf32a.html

I used a less complete version of this with my W800 last year and a DS10A to play background sounds as I open the door last year for
halloween.

This year, i'm putting my speakers outside, as kids reaches a certain distance from the door, the porch lights will shut off, my led halloween pumpkins will turn on and a horrible wolf cry will sound from behind them.  :o   The lights will come back on as I open the door.

I am so giddy at the power of automation.

Side Note: The application can be (limitedly) connected to AHP too if you want to start mapping security devices MS10A/DS10A signals to regular X10 signals.

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: W800 + Halloween + Sound Effects
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »

In your "Side note" you mention something about mapping MS10A signals to regular X10 signals. What do you mean by that? 

In a page referenced by tonight's email from X10, there is something that makes the following claim for the MS10A"

"Enhanced Power!
Pair with X10 Home
Automation or Security
and the possibilities are
endless."

But I've never found a way to pair an MS10A with anything but a security product such as Protector Plus, and not a home automation product such as ActiveHome Pro or any other X10 home automation receiver.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »

But I've never found a way to pair an MS10A with anything but a security product such as Protector Plus, and not a home automation product such as ActiveHome Pro or any other X10 home automation receiver.

The MS10A can be used through the AHP with On Alert software to trigger macros and ANY X10 device. If you look for a deal at the X10.com site, you can get On Alert FREE in the software suite. Makings AHP with On Alert only $50.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

jeth

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:12:14 AM »

Thanks for response....

However, I already have two AHP packages so I don't need another CM15A.   One is date coded "86F26" and didn't come with very much else.  The newer one is coded "04I38" although it was bought much more recently than that.  It was part of a package deal that included all plugins "except" OnAlert. 

I think I'll pass on OnAlert for now (pension seriously reduced by med insurance now) and try to work with some of the other motion sensors I have.  The one that came with the RoboDog package years ago is able to work with both security and home automation packages without any additional software.   

I used one in the back yard a couple of year to try and scare the deer away from my tomato plants.   Unfortunately, they eventually just looked at the added outdoor speaker and then the house as if to tell me:  "Who are you trying to kid?"  ;-)

Boiler

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

jeth,

I know this thread is a bit old but...

I was looking over the date codes on your CM15a units.
However, I already have two AHP packages so I don't need another CM15A.   One is date coded "86F26" and didn't come with very much else.  The newer one is coded "04I38" although it was bought much more recently than that.  It was part of a package deal that included all plugins "except" OnAlert. 

The unit that you are calling new (date code "04I38") is actually  very early CM15a.  I have a unit with the same date code and it has a lot of problems dealing with RF due to the firmware revision.

Your other unit ("86F26") is probably a "06F26" manufactured in June of '06.  Again, I have a similar dated unit.  It responds much better to RF. 

Be careful interchanging these units.  Using an identical AHP file, these two CM15a's will respond differently.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.