Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Same "O" same "O"  (Read 49537 times)

myles - new contrctor in building- www.x10installs.com

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Same "O" same "O"
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 12:56:53 AM »

ps, I will also be installing an offbrand
battery backup for the offbrand PC ... it
would be great if x10 had these items so we
dont have to "UPSELL" these offbrands.

mark k

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:48:23 PM »

A demo is a good idea.
This can create some issues such as the
expense noted previously, carring the
cumbersome package into the home, and
consumer intimidation. A demo video would
be very helpful. this will generate sales
and give the customer more confidence in
the company and products. Not to mention
they could pass it on to friends with our
company names on the disc.
any thoughts on this?

Kelly Parke

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »

mark k

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 11:25:16 AM »

this is a good thing although limited. When
I am in a customers home I work directly
with video and audio systems. This usually
includes the homeowner being in the room
with me most of the time. sending them to
their computer is unrealistic. A DVD or
even VHS demo tape would be better for my
specific situation as customers could watch
this while I work and I could interact with
them at the same time. I am not clear on
why this is such an issue.
A video showing an existing house, maybe
even filmed during the install would be
reassuring and even more of a sales
tool.  "Oh hey that guy did not damage that
persons house and it looks good. I think I
might like that" This may sound stupid but
it is a very real thought for customers.

Kelly Parke | Program Manager

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »

;D

In our efforts to train those of you who are new to our X10 Contractor Program, we have sent out a universal request for experienced X10 Installers.
The response has been good with Phase 1 well on it's way to completion as we contact and qualify instructors.
Phase 2 is gearing up and includes the concept of demo kits for each attendee, in each category: automation, security, surveillance, networking, and integration.

It is only through your feedback that we are able to develop tools for your success, so keep your comments coming...
Kelly Parke
X10 Contractor Program Manager

wrenchmonkey

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 01:48:47 AM »

What nieghborhood are you from, that you're installing full on home automation/security systems in merely $200,000 homes? 200,000 gets you a 3rd floor condo of about 900 sq ft out here ;)

RockinDolphin

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 10:12:02 PM »

I used to pass by this place every so often that was into home automation. One day, I finally took the time to stop by and I got to talk to the owner. He told me that he installed 'professional' home automation in multi illion dollar homes and didn't mess with "X-10 poor man's home automation." That made me feel bad

X-10 REALLY needs to step up to the plate on the quality issue. I hate to say it, but some of this stuff looks and feels like crap right out of the box. I agree whole-heartedly on the contractor-pricing issue. Installers/contractors NEED to be able to make something on the products they are installing. They need good quality products to install that will perfrom as expected and will not prematurely fail. Use 1 watt resistors in light switches and modules instead of 1/2 watt, if you haven't made that change, already...

There needs to be a way that We who install this stuff can communicate with X-10 about improvements and know that we are being taken seriously. For instance, why have the Flood-Cam with no microphone? Don't tell me that it's because it will open the unit up the weather because one of my Flood-Cams failed due to moisture getting inside, anyway. It was no longer under warranty but, fortunately, I was able to repair it myself because it was just burnt circuit traces. These units should have sound, also.
    Another thing is the alarm systems. you NEED to have a SEPARATE master control panel from the key-pad! The key-pad has a siren in it, so a burglar will go right to it and rip it off the wall before it has a good chance to do it's job!

These are just a couple of things that get to me about this stuff. Oh, and I would also invest in doing something different with the packaging. It looks almost as if a toy is going to come out of it!

I don't know what else to say. I've got a couple of boxes of this stuff that I haven't had a chance to get into my house because of this, or that, but mainly because I went through HELL to get two of three cameras to work. The problem, I think, is the aluminum siding on my house. The audio/video receivers could at least use a better dipole antenna to increase reception, since you can't increase output due to FCC regulations. Someone kept stealing my mom's paper, so I put-it these cameras. Once I did get them to work, the other problem arose. X-10 cameras need quite a bit of light to be useful! Once the light gets down to a certain point, they're useless! This is even after I tried to make sure that I had more lighting! It still wasn't enough! (Sigh...)

I still have hopes for this stuff, though.

~Kenny
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.