Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Weird Conflicts with RF?  (Read 8011 times)

bvalosek

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Weird Conflicts with RF?
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:23:37 AM »

Hey all... GREAT new forum!

I have a question... I've got an application I made that receives X10 events from the IActiveHome object and then responds by executing a series of commands, similar to AHP's macro trigger option. IE... i get the "RECV RF B1 ON" (or something to that extent) and respond by sending "C1" "C2" "C3 ON". This works... but it seems as if the signals are colliding... like not all of the modules will respond for example. The only way to get past this is to wait for the "-1" key status (ie the key is UP), but even still, I have some problems.

Any suggestions... besides adding a delay to the (already slow) signal?

Thanks!!!

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
Re: Weird Conflicts with RF?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »

I've got an application I made that receives X10 events from the IActiveHome object and then responds by executing a series of commands, similar to AHP's macro trigger option. IE... i get the "RECV RF B1 ON" (or something to that extent) and respond by sending "C1" "C2" "C3 ON". This works... but it seems as if the signals are colliding... like not all of the modules will respond for example. The only way to get past this is to wait for the "-1" key status (ie the key is UP), but even still, I have some problems.

Any suggestions... besides adding a delay to the (already slow) signal?

As you probably know it takes approximately 0.5 seconds to send either an address or a function (dim, bright and extended commands take longer though).  It seems as though the sendplc command doesn't wait for the command to be sent, nor does it queue up the commands so in your example if it hasn't started sending C2 before you tell it to send C3, it will overwrite the C2 address.  I have found the best thing to do is send the commands in 0.5 second intervals.  This shouldn't delay down your signal significantly and should allow you to send a string of commands successfully.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.