Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why doesn't my camera work with only the simpliest application  (Read 18308 times)

NUTEXPHX

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Why doesn't my camera work with only the simpliest application
« on: February 24, 2006, 04:10:31 PM »

I have a simple 10 wireless camera and  a wireless receiver that is for that unit and one that came with my pan tilt ninja cameras. I have always hooked all my cams up where they are received thru the wireless recv; then coxiaxed and RCA jacked from there to a VCR recorder player and then to the TV. I even have a splitter on the coax to view cable if I get tired of viewing cam views. Now I can't get a view in the TV if the camera, I've troubleshot everything and everyway I know. what is the prob. Can someone help? Desperately seeking view :'( ??? >:( :-[ :-\ :'(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Why doesn't my camera work with only the simpliest application
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:20:19 PM »

It could be a couple of things
1: make sure your cams are on the same house code but diff numbers
2: cam recievers handle cams in groups of 4 eg1-4 5-8 ect so keep them in the same group
3: The reciever has 4 channels make sure it is the same as the cams
4: This one is silly but I've done it!  ::) Make sure the reciever is on (red light bottom front should be on)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Why doesn't my camera work with only the simpliest application
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:18:34 PM »

Are you adding a 2nd camera now? I would almost say it has to do with the splitter or 2nd cam not set to the correct frequency, a rubber cover contains the frequency switch, These should match. maybe a single reciever instead of 2 seperate ones?

you said here
I even have a splitter on the coax to view cable if I get tired of viewing cam views. Now I can't get a view in the TV if the camera
Id need more specific info on exactly how you have this setup, and more info on what this sentence says... if the camera what? :)
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.