Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple Setup Help  (Read 4041 times)

atvguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Simple Setup Help
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:06:55 AM »

Here is my situation. My carport lights are controlled by a regular wall switch in the laundry room, that is not used for coming or going into the house. We use the front door.

I want to be able to control the light switch (and thus the carport lights) from the entry way of the house from the inside, and from the car using a remote. Can anyone suggest a setup?

I was thinking about using a X10 Wall Switch Module (however, someone told me that I can only use it with Transceiver Modules......which I a not sure what that exactly means!)

I would also use X10 SlimFire Keychain Remote to use from the car, and a X10 Slimline Switch White Decorator for the inside entry way.

Any suggestions or help appreciated!!!!!  Thanks!!!!!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Simple Setup Help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 09:12:15 AM »

A Transceiver module is a TM751 or a RR501.  They receive the IR signals from a SS13 "Stick-a-Switch" or a keychain remote and translate them into X10 signals that the modules use.

One RR501 on a housecode is enough. You can have a another 501 on a diiferent housecode.

I have an SS13 by my front door, it controls 3 modules on housecode A. There's a 501 that recives those signals. A second 501 is controlling another SS13 that controls three modules on housecode F.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.