Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tips for Helpful Product Reviews  (Read 50699 times)

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Tips for Helpful Product Reviews
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:08:46 PM »

This forum is a place to post your reviews of X10 products or kits. When posting, please try to provide the following information:

• Name and model number of product or kit you reviewed
  • When you purchased the product
  • What you use the product for
  • Your opinion of the product (how well it works, how easy it was to set up, what you like, what you dislike, etc.)

The more detail you can provide, the more helpful your review will be for other people.

AC11

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Tips for Helpful Product Reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »

X10 Cameras

Purchased X10 products on April 4, 2006 - Received and installed by April 8, 2006. For security/surveillance of areas
were vandalism and trash have been a common occurrence.

The Xcams:
Qty. 2  XX17A XCam2 WideEye Instant-On Camera
Qty. 2 XX20A NightWatch Wireless Low-Light B/W Camera

After a quick and uneventful installation I keep finding the Color Xcams (XX17A's) out performing the B/W (XX20A's) in
low light environments. Now my main concern after having called technical support and following their suggestion to switch
 frequencies on the cameras from option A (2.411 GHz) to option D (2.473 GHz) the XX20A's cameras do not seem to improve/
perform any better. The XX17A's still better at low light than the XX20A's. Why are the color units performing better? I have
installed both (Color and B/W) side by side and as soon as the light dims the B/W looses definition and the color still retains its image.
Not sure what else to try here. Technical support said they can swap the cameras, but that does not seem like a solution, since
both of the B/W cameras are showing the same problem in low light conditions. Could there be another reason? Is there any other
adjustment in the cameras to make them NightWatch capable (i.e.: via software signal or other way?)

ocreel

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

During Hurricane Wilma our home was all shuttered up..but I had a wireless camera on the back patio and a wired camera in the front of the house. My wife and I watched the entire action until our power went out (two hours short of the end of the hurricane. We watched for about eight hours. It provided us the only look to the outside during this ordeal and gave us great comfort. We live in Coral Springs, Florida and the eye of the hurricane came directly over this town. It was somewhat amazing watching the trees come down and watching the fury of the wind. Our home came thru intact and we were grateful to be able to see what was happening outside.

freeafroggy

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 06:39:17 AM »

Several cameras.  Useless for over 2 years.  VA11A still has no 64-bit drivers so I can use my video cameras and the last contact finally admitted they probably won't bother to provide Vista drivers until  sometime in 2008 after SP1.  Up until then, they kept giving me targets about 2 months away.  Do not buy any X10 video if you have a 64-bit system or Vista.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 08:53:35 PM »

freeafroggy: have you tried to do the Vista VA11A diver fix mentioned here: Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 40752 times) ? ???
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

chandramouli

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »

please send me details of alarm burglar system,survellace security [ultimate] requires service backup

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.