Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Disconnected from MyHouse Service... Check for Correct System ID  (Read 62366 times)

khenry

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Disconnected from MyHouse Service... Check for Correct System ID
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »

I used to be able to connect intermittently. Now, I can't connect at all. It would be helpful if X10 had a site showing the status of the servers, problems we should expect while they're working on fixes, and expected timing for fixes. This is getting frustrating.

2005xfr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 01:40:43 PM »

I just bought My House it connected once (after many tries)  :(

Is there a way to connect directly to My House instead of going through those unreliable servers? ???

jelester

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »

If you think some one from X10 is nasty than you shoud have talked to the lady I talked to at x10.  RUDE, DID NOT UNDERSTAND.................

GregM

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 06:09:02 PM »

It did work for me intermittently,only had a problem with panning which they said they were working on and never fixed. If I pushed pan command one time it would send signal several times and would not stop. NOW DOES NOT CONNECT AT ALL. WHAT'S UP???

GregM

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »

X10 pro said "you should be able to at least connect most of the time" and "Can anyone else confirm that they can connect at least some of the time" ??? That just does not cut it !!! Why would you sell and keep selling something that you know does not work correctly ???

ka0wph

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 10:48:54 PM »

I'm having the same problem.  I connect occasionally on the host machine, and even though connected, I cannot get the remote to connect over the internet.  The host system status message is "waiting for remote users" and the remote system status message is "waiting for system "home"".  Apparently they are both connected to the server but they can't see each other.  It worked fine for a couple of weeks after I purchased it, but I've had this problem 2-3 weeks now.  Also, I saw a post about panning a camera, and the camera would not stop with one increment.  If I click a pan button (from the remote), the camera doesn't stop moving until it hits it's limit of motion.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 12:20:58 PM »

We have been working on this problem full time recently, and have some solutions almost ready to go. We will have an update ready to test today or tomorrow. I will make the update available here as a pre-release to make sure it's working before we release it to all users.

GregM

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »

Can the server handle all these connections and future customer connections??? Is this why sometimes I can connect and sometimes I cannot???

chicago

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »

having the same problem.. just on a side note.. if the tckies could be advised to instruct cusotmers aboutthe problem ahead of time... like when they are going through the port issue....

i was told several days ago and got an email while out of town ... teck says it has to do with the servers being rebotted three times a day..  instructed me to set up macro to reconnect three time per day several minuites after x10 rebots their serviers..; think it is like 10:00 am  1:00 pm and 12:00 am. 

but this did not solve the problem...

anyone else set up this macro and did it work...

chicago

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 03:45:39 PM »

by the way..   to the x10 techs out there.. you might want  to mention to mgment that if you are selling a product and know about an on going problem you must disclose it..    to so otherwise, at least in illinois is clearly consumer fraud...  you email and email advertisments for this product like it is the best thing and works perfectly... as we know it does not...   please let me know how many have tried the macro reconnect solution with success.  if there is not a solution please consider this my request for return of my money and return  authorization number.  you have my email

thank you

X10 Pro

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »

You should not need to create a macro to re-connect to the MyHouse service. The servers are no longer being re-booted several times a day, and even if they were that step would not be necessary or helpful.  I'll talk to tech support about that and make sure they have the right information.

Can you describe exactly what problem you are now having? Are you able to make a connection to the MyHouse service from your AHP system? Are you connecting on the client? If you are unable to connect or view your system, what messages are you getting in the MyHouse Status window (on both sides)?

chicago

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 06:42:26 PM »

i understand that i do not need to do a macro to connect....     system runs correct as follows.. i will describe it and then clarify the problem....      i bring up the ahp and my house on line... go the the banner above and   click on connect... check the status of the situation by goiing to "my house status"   it shows... "waiting for remote user"

i then go upstairs and log on to my lap top and get to internet thrgough a sprint server.. please note thtat this is not same that is logged on on the main pc. 

it works fine... leave it running... check the status again before ging out of town... says waiting for remote user...

go out of town... laptop connection to the internet is working fine...   no problems going on to other pages... log on to myhouse... brings up the screen and click on conect...  the laptop remote computer screen then shows under the "status"   wainting for @@@@@@@..    @@ being my registration number.   

i called teck support... and they told me that the issue is your servers rebot and that was canceling the connection on the home computer so i was emailed a macro insurction which i guess the theory was that it reconnects after your servers rebot...  i am checking on what version i have.. i have 3.201.

please let me know about this.

thank you

chicago

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 06:44:47 PM »

by the way ... camera pics and controll of units fine simply from the main pc.  it a remote connection issue ..

X10 Pro

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 06:50:53 PM »

If your main AHP system is v3.201, what version is the client on your laptop? If the client is v3.203, then you have two options:

1) Update your AHP system to v3.203.

2) Use the following configuration program to set the client to work with the 3.201 system:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/myhouse_config.exe

In version 3.203 we changed the ports used by MyHouse on the client and the server. Previous to v3.203, MyHouse used ports 80 and 8001. Now it uses port 433 (the same port as SSL) for all the remote transactions. Using the configu software you can tell the v3.203 client to use the same ports as your 3.201 main system.

chicago

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »

if this were the problem would it start right away.. in otherwords  why does it work for an hour or three and then a day later while it has been connected it no longer works?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.