Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interference with 2.4ghz Phones  (Read 76427 times)

excoelis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Interference with 2.4ghz Phones
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am not impressed. 
I have tried everything myself in getting my wireless cameras to work in my house and nothing works. I have disconnected my 2.4Ghz phones, shut the wireless internet off and I still get crappy signal. I can make out the faces of peopel once they get about 3 feet away adn see the outline of the body from 20 feet away and the signal is flickery. Honestly unless it improves this camera setup is a total waste of money and I won't reccomend this to anyone.

davideinmd

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:01:48 AM »

I went the Dect 6 phone route too. There was no way I could see to get past the 2.4's. Plus Dect 6 is better anyway and no cheaper than a 2.4. Furthermore, for the price of these x10 cameras, I didn't expect reception and reliability that I could have paid hundreds of dollars for. Anyway, I know that's that meat salesman at the door! Go away meat salesman!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:09 AM »

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am not impressed. 
 Honestly unless it improves this camera setup is a total waste of money and I won't reccomend this to anyone.
X10 has a pretty good satisfaction guarentee. You should not have a problem getting you money back.
"flickery" implies weak signal or interference. Any way you can get the receiver closer to the camera or aim the antennas at each other better? How many walls between camera and receiver?

X10 cameras are very inexpensive for a reason. They use "CMOS" pick-ups which are lower resolution and less light sensitive than CCD pick-ups. Obviously X10 does not advertise this fact, which may be why they are pretty liberal in their return policy. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »

I just got xcams. When i have it plug in my WIFE goes out. I haven't tried changing the channels yet on the camera. My room is upstairs where the receiver is the  camera downstairs. I unplug them all still no WIFI. I hate to go and spend the money for new Router.

This is what i have on Wireless

Phone
baby monitor
Davis weather station
belkin Router 2.4 ghz
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:21:32 PM by tybirdtybird »

michaelukusa

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »

I have noticed that on setting B and sometimes D of the video sender, which operates in the same manner as the camera, and sends a signal for the receiver to pick up, n these settings it can occasionally throw off my Linksys wireless router and make it completely invisible totally blocking the signal, my neighbors router too, so that's a large area of interference, but on the other settings it is not interfering at all, just not a clear signal

Has anyone had good results in a small indoor location using a color camera wireless with ninga (IE the planet cam they have for sale currently) connected to a laptop with active home and iwhitness?

Hoping to use one in my place for remote monitoring while away, once I figure out how to use the audio/video receiver with a computer not just the video receiver

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »

I have noticed that on setting B and sometimes D of the video sender, which operates in the same manner as the camera, and sends a signal for the receiver to pick up, n these settings it can occasionally throw off my Linksys wireless router and make it completely invisible totally blocking the signal, my neighbors router too, so that's a large area of interference, but on the other settings it is not interfering at all, just not a clear signal

Has anyone had good results in a small indoor location using a color camera wireless with ninga (IE the planet cam they have for sale currently) connected to a laptop with active home and iwhitness?

Hoping to use one in my place for remote monitoring while away, once I figure out how to use the audio/video receiver with a computer not just the video receiver

Just change the channel on your router it will fix it. The same thing happen to me and it fix it.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.