Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dimming  (Read 4917 times)

mark robbins

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dimming
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:54:26 AM »

On my "Go To Bed" macro, I turn the bedroom lights on, then in stages dim the lights over 40 minutes to off. I have the control set to "dim", not "absolute", yet when I intervene by turning the lights off prematurely, the controller still turns the lights on at the dimming stage.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Dimming
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 12:03:31 PM »

I think you would need to setup a flag status and monitor the HouseCode for that module to tell it not to trigger again after the first trigger intill the 40min time has finished.

I'm no expert on flags yet, but setting a flag for that unit and monitoring the switch will tell interface that you manually turned off the light and reset the flag and macro for next time.

the exact macro and setup of this in AHP eludes me, maybe someone else can give a more detailed message on just how to setup this particular macro & flag.

without a flag status, a Macro will run until it is done (once started) no matter what you do in between these times.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

popnowlin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:02:50 PM »

Actually it's worse than that.  In my experience a macro that is triggered by a sensor will restart every time that sensor triggers.  I have a macro to turn the lights on in the bathroom when the bathroom sensor is triggered.  This macro turns the lights on and then dims them down to 50% since at night I prefer not to go blind just to relieve myself.  I 've used a flag with smart macros to make that macro only start if it's not already running.  This works great most of the time but every once in a while the module seems to lose track of flags and the light continually goes from 100% to 50% brightness as the sensor restarts the macro in spite of the flags.  If anyone has some insight into this problem let me know.  I just download the macros into the module again and that fixes it until next time the system loses it's mind.  Here's the macro with flags.  J1 is the bathroom light and J2 is the sensor:

John Busy Macro
J2 On and Flag Status Off exactly 1
Set Flags [1] Flag Command
(J1) John Lights Brighten then dim to 50%
Delay for 05:00
(J1) John Lights OFF
Clear Flags [1]   Flag Command

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 12:52:43 AM »

This works great most of the time but every once in a while the module seems to lose track of flags

see post...  AHP Update Causing Problems! #1
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 12:55:52 AM by Mystyx »
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.