Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tech does not understand  (Read 7728 times)

jelester

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Tech does not understand
« on: March 01, 2006, 06:16:30 PM »

You know this needs to be posted on the new community chat room,  so that maybe some one there  that has this problem and can understand my frustration in trying to make tech understand about this.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:15 PM
To: 'Wes Howlett'
Subject: RE: [THR2624830]: FW: Cannot get home cumputer

777350-RW627

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING AND TOLD YOU EVERYTHING.  PLEASE CALL ME AND LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.  I CANNOT MAKE IT ANY PLAINER.
YOUR SOFTWARE WILL NOT CONNECT MY HOME COMPUTER TO MY DIAL UP SERVICE SO THAT I CAN ACCESS IT THROUGH A REMOTE COMPUTER.  DON'T TELL ME YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND JUST CHECK THE PREFERENCES OUT ON MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL SEE THAT CERTAIN THINGS HAVE TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO DIAL MY HOME COMPUTER FROM A REMOTE.  I DO NOT HAVE DSL,  SO I CANNOT LEAVE MY HOME COMPUTER CONNECTED ALL THE TIME.

THANKS JERRY M LESTER

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:35 PM
To: jelester@mtinter.net
Subject: [THR2624830]: FW: Cannot get home computer

Greetings,

Thank you for your request. From your message, we were unable to determine the exact nature of your issue. Please reply to this email with a clear and detailed description of the issue(s) you are experiencing. We need you to refer to the products by model number and include any troubleshooting you have already tried. We also need your sales order or invoice number, in case there are order notes already documenting the issue. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,

-Wes H
X10.com technical support
support@x10.com
Please do not alter the thread number in the subject line.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Tech does not understand
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »

I'm sure we can get this working. What version of Windows are you using? Who is your ISP? Do you use their connection software, or regular Windows Dial-up Networking to connect?

jelester

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Tech does not understand
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:00:23 AM »

I use Windows XP,  My service provider is ntelos.net,  I use the standard windows log on to connect to the internet.

I am glad I got a response from you and I believe you do understand the problem.
I have no trouble at home connecting to the internet manually.  Just at the remote location will not connect to the home computer to make it come up whereby then I can connect to myhouse.

Thanks
Jerry Lester

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.