Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Removal of Old Zone Led  (Read 11602 times)

wpbecker

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Removal of Old Zone Led
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »

I replaced the batteries in the MS 10A Motion Detector associated with the DS7000 Security System.
After installing the new batteries in the motion detector I now have the "OLD' zone led on solid.
The "NEW" zone led works as it should but in a new zone on the console.

How do I remove the "OLD" zone from the console?

How long should the four "AA" batteries last in the motion detector?

Thanks for the help :)...........Wayne

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Removal of Old Zone Led
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:41:56 PM »

Your batteries Life will vary depending on how active an area they're in don't try to push them past one year though! as when they start to go you'll see real strange stuff with your setup see: "Motion sensor reprograms its self" not sure if it would do the same with the security system but why take the chance? ;)
as for your other question maybe someone else can answer that I don't have a DS7000 :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »

Unless someone has a better solution. The manual says start from scratch after clearing all the sensors and remotes. By unplugging the console and removing the battery backup.

hiperboss

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »

Unless someone has a better solution. The manual says start from scratch after clearing all the sensors and remotes. By unplugging the console and removing the battery backup.

This is what I normally do when one of my sensors door/window/motion is low on battery. Remove the battery and wait (I don't remember if 4 or 6 hours) then set the console on install and you will notice the led (zone) used by the sensor in now available (off), insert the new batteries on the sensor and trigger it, you'll notice that the sensor will fill the same zone on the console.

I hope this help!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.