Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!  (Read 147170 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »

Thanks, I found the 4-position switch under the rubber plug on the camera base and changed it, which solved the problem. 

Cool.... Thanks for reporting back! It's always nice to know when information is helpful.

If you ever do decide to replace your phones... don't worry... I have 2 sets of 2.4 phones and Wireless Broadband, as well as wireless cameras. It took a little tinkering, but they all play together fine.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bearsbee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Multiple Camera Reception Help!
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 11:50:20 PM »

Where can one find a VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver?
Having problems with reception from many cameras set up all around the out side of house. I can get 5 coming in and all ways loss the rest. Your set up sounds good, would like more data  :D

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:10:43 AM by bearsbee »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Multiple Camera Reception Help!
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 12:43:05 AM »

Where can one find a VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver?

a VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver...... I don't know what that is. I use regular X10 stuff.

Having problems with reception from many cameras set up all around the out side of house. I can get 5 coming in and all ways loss the rest. Your set up sounds good, would like more data  :D

5 wireless coming in...and you lose the REST.... doesn't sound like your system is all that tiny. It could be that some cameras are getting just a tad too far away from the receiver. Maybe if you tried two receivers (different channels).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JeffO

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:33 PM »

Here's one for X10 users: beware the DirectTV HD signal!

I have a 12-camera setup and everything works great. But if I turn on the DirectTV receiver (NOT the TV itself, just the receiver), all signals are garbled, I get no signal from some cameras, and one picture from nearly all cameras. Shut the DirectTV receiver off, and everything is back to normal.

No, I don't know how to stop it yet, but I'm 100% sure that the receiver alone is causing the problems. :)

ottav

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »

I have been working with my system for over two weeks and I have read the FAQ's and tried all.. I started out by hooking up one camera then added the second one, 3rd and 4th. I still can only get 1 camera with good quality pic no matter which way the antenna faces. If i adjust it for a good picture on one or two cameras then I lose the other two.  Also when switching between camera 1,2 or 3 the 4th camera comes in then goes to the selected one.
I have two color cameras and two night time cameras. 2 colors cameras have pan and tilt. Also have the motion detectors but haven't installed them yet. I also have the cm19 transmitter and the usb hook up and TM751.
I have a wireless internet modem and it creates black horz line while turned on.. I can live with that. I don't use the modem after 9pm anyway.
I just can't get all four cameras working with a decent pic. Also when paning I loose picture and then it comes back in..
My phone operate in the range of 1.92 ghz to 1.93 ghz. I moved the receiver 12ft away from the computer and monitors. Its setting on a table away from anything. I have the cameras mounted on each side of the house facing away from the house. The only pic that is good is the front..
What portion of this system uses the house wiring to communicate and why would that interfere with the wireless section.  I tried A,B,C,D and no improvement to speak of. As a last resort I am going to put the receiver (VT46a) up in the attic before I give up.. I figure all 4 cameras will only have to go through one wall before hitting the receiver.. As it is now the receiver is in the living room which is next to the front door, probably why the front camera get the best pic. The cameras on the other 3 sides of the house have to go through at least 3 walls. Anyone have any thought on my logic.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

Here's one for X10 users: beware the DirectTV HD signal!

I have a 12-camera setup and everything works great. But if I turn on the DirectTV receiver (NOT the TV itself, just the receiver), all signals are garbled, I get no signal from some cameras, and one picture from nearly all cameras. Shut the DirectTV receiver off, and everything is back to normal.

No, I don't know how to stop it yet, but I'm 100% sure that the receiver alone is causing the problems. :)
Are your 12 cams wired, or wireless models? If the cameras are being turned ON and OFF through the powerlines, then it is probably electrical noise being generated by the Direct TV receiver. Read about "noise".

http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

A noise filter like the XPPF will probably make your happy.

http://www.x10pro.com/pro/catalog/platform.html#filters
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 12:25:12 PM »

I have been working with my system for over two weeks and I have read the FAQ's and tried all.. I started out by hooking up one camera then added the second one, 3rd and 4th. I still can only get 1 camera with good quality pic no matter which way the antenna faces. If i adjust it for a good picture on one or two cameras then I lose the other two.  Also when switching between camera 1,2 or 3 the 4th camera comes in then goes to the selected one.
I have two color cameras and two night time cameras. 2 colors cameras have pan and tilt. Also have the motion detectors but haven't installed them yet. I also have the cm19 transmitter and the usb hook up and TM751.
I have a wireless internet modem and it creates black horz line while turned on.. I can live with that. I don't use the modem after 9pm anyway.
I just can't get all four cameras working with a decent pic. Also when paning I loose picture and then it comes back in..
My phone operate in the range of 1.92 ghz to 1.93 ghz. I moved the receiver 12ft away from the computer and monitors. Its setting on a table away from anything. I have the cameras mounted on each side of the house facing away from the house. The only pic that is good is the front..
What portion of this system uses the house wiring to communicate and why would that interfere with the wireless section.  I tried A,B,C,D and no improvement to speak of. As a last resort I am going to put the receiver (VT46a) up in the attic before I give up.. I figure all 4 cameras will only have to go through one wall before hitting the receiver.. As it is now the receiver is in the living room which is next to the front door, probably why the front camera get the best pic. The cameras on the other 3 sides of the house have to go through at least 3 walls. Anyone have any thought on my logic.

None of your camera's will use house wiring unless they are wired direct, but you are using wireless, you're using the air as you know. One of your questions is very simple to answer first, the Pan & Tilt. As it turns from one side to the other and even up and down sometimes, it willl start to lose the signal strength depending on the camera's location. If the antenna on the Pan & Tilt would stay in one position, there wouldn't be this issue, but because it moves with the camera itself, so will the signal. Finding the right "medium" for the antenna can be a little time consuming, but to be honest, that's the real issue here when it comes to your whole problem.
  For all your camera's, in whatever room or location they are in, their location in that room is vital to the signals transmission and reception.Always make sure that little bump is facing towards your receiver(s) and that there is as little interference between them. That includes everything from walls, windows, doors, appliances, and furniture. Brick is a major issue in my opinion, just as a side note. Anything that's wireless, can and will cause interference, even your neighbors baby bed camera. It's just the law of nature and the only work around is to look in to getting some filters for your house wiring.
   Got 8 X10 xcam's and 4 motion detectors, multiple lights switches and socket rockets, and just installed an alarm system, all are wireless of course, then add on 4 of the wired Senitnnel cam's. I like my toy's, but don't expect to get quality pic's from the wireless as I do from the wired because I know what to expect from the airwaves, and my neighbors.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

lm0928

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 02:13:27 PM »

Chinaboy,
I already purchased all the same stuff that you are mentioning here about 2 years ago....... i never could get it all set up correctly.
Could you please walk me through step by step what I need to do in order to set it up exactly as you have?   If you could use the part numbers of the items that would be great, just so I can be sure it is the exact same ones.    If you would rather e-mail me, my email it llm0928@yahoo.com.   It just takes so much time with trial and error.   Previously I had to give up.   But as you say, x10 does seem to work if you can figure them out.   Thank you in advance.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »

I don't think chinaboy is listening any more. His last post was 2009.

Did you look at this thread?

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28301.msg159035#msg159035
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.