Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!  (Read 147171 times)

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!
« on: March 06, 2006, 01:48:54 PM »

Can someone tell me how in the world can you get 3 wireless cameras positioned in 3 different locations of the house to get a good reception from the receiver. I can get a crystal picture from 1 camera, but it is impossible to aim the other 2 in the same direction of the receiver. I have read in a few places that it is possible to build a cAntenna or something like that. What I am trying to get at is, there a way to get the wireless cameras to pickup a good signal from the Video receiver without a perfect line of site. Any help in this matter would really be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:34:02 PM by Mystyx »

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
Re: Is there an alternative for the VR36A Reciever or Extend range
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:46:00 AM »

I have one Receiver and 4 cameras setup, By facing the transmitter on the camera towards your receiver, then Your receiver (all on the same code under the cap) facing either 90degrees from all cameras or facing Strait up to the sky.

on a side note, TVs, PCs, Monitors and such can interupt signals. Placing the receiver for your cameras as far from these Interferences as possible will help too.
also, If your not getting a good signal from one of the 4 codes, try another one.
what other 2.4Ghz Products do you own?
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

chinaboy

Re: Multiple Camera Reception Help!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »

Thanks for your advice. I have tried all the other channels but still got the same results. I also tried putting the receiver facing up. I have a 2.4ghz phones and a wireless modem. I turned both phone and modem off and still did not get any good results. The pictures are clear but  it jumps up and down the screen while making a annoying sound. You said to turn the receiver 90 degrees from all the cameras. Hmmmm, I guess I could try that, but I turned that thing all different directions. My receiver is sitting on top of my television but even when it is turned off I still get a bad reception so I don't think that is the problem. Again thanks for any advice that you have.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »

chinaboy : Try unpluging your tv and see if reception improves. Many if not All Newer Electronic Devices (TVs) still use power even when they are turned off (instant on feature) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 08:38:45 PM »

Definately sitting on a TV also caused me problems, even on my stereo stand next to the TV was still a bit bouncy....   might try adding a longer RCA and try it about 10 ft away from devices...
A friend was amazed I got good reception with one of my recievers sitting in between my 2 monitors (surrounded) 2mm in any direction and I loose my picture.

chinaboy

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:58:32 AM »

Thanks, Mystyx & Tuicemen,  You guys are wonderful. I am actually using a long coax cable that is run from my bedroom TV to the living room where the receiver is located. The receiver is sitting on my RCA Stereo which is sitting on my big screen TV. I will go out and get extra piece of coax cable to extend the receiver from both the TV and radio and see how that works. Makes sense that there could still be power even if they the devices are still plugged in. I heard about a noise filter, do you think that could help any or is it worth buying. Thanks again for your advise. Maybe I too can give advice to others who continue to bash these poor X10 products. Not the best, but they sure are good enough for the price, once you get them setup correctly.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »

A noise filter is a good idea for your system  but in this situation it won't help as it only filters the noise on the powerline from a noisy device! We're looking at RF signal here. It is a good idea to have one (although I don't) for trouble shooting and to use if you find a device that is causing you difficulties! An other thing you may wish to look at is the coax cable. I found alot of the cheeper ones are bad for picking up noise  bad connectors is the main problem ! When you finaly nail it down let us know it may give some else a starting point and save then hours of looking! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 09:07:21 PM »

The Quality of wires (coax or RCA) make a big difference...  most coax single shielded, I use double shielded coax and one of mine is worn and cause static because the grounded shielding is broken from stepped on.

I think the world is up to triple shielded coax and RCAs that are normally shipped with internet.
the better the shielding the better it keeps the signals in and unwanted noise out.

for your system why not use the VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver, I use this to get everything from downstairs to the upstairs TV, it works different from the camera receivers and give a great clear picture, better then running long wires all over.

More then a 50ft (35ft even) cables will have a voltage drop / and signal loss (Db)

chinaboy

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 01:36:09 PM »

Is the VT/VR 30 or 32 wireless audio/video transmitter/receiver a x10 product? I bought a wireless video sender kit, but it doesn't work or probaly I am not setting it up correctly.

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 08:41:27 PM »

Yes X10 Wireless Audio/Video Sender Systems, should just need to make sure the code (1-4(A-D)) are the same for the reciever and the transmitter. should just hook up and work.
make sure the sender is on the system that sending the signal and reciever on the TV you want to watch on.

chinaboy

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 12:19:51 PM »

I should be ashame of myself. I Just realized that I had another phone in the house that was using 2.4ghz. I un-plugged it and that made my picture perfect on 2 cameras. My 3rd camera is on my shed, and has a little bit of bounce. It could be because it is a little more than 100 feet from the receiver. Can I use the sender kit in this case to get the signal to the receiver in my room. I have the receiver in my room and the camera on the shed is probably more than 100 feet. Do I place the sender kit at a half way point. I am not sure what settings I need to use to get the signal from the camera on the shed to the half way point and then to the receiver in my room. Once I get this last camera up and running, then I can jump for joy.

Mystyx

• eye see you
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 10:49:56 PM »

First try place the reciever for the camera in a window...  try open window and see difference.

chinaboy

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 06:20:26 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I now have my entire 3 camera system working perfectly with both audio and video. The camera on my shed which is about 120 feet from receiver and has a ninja pantil attach also work perfectly without any additional range extender.  I still get good results no matter what direction the pantil turns.  One thing I could say, is those microphones in the cameras are very amazing and they pick up clear audio from a very good distance.That is amazing. One of my biggest problems was result of the 2.4ghz phone that I had in another room that I totally forgot about. I currently have 1 camera on my front porch, 1 inside my kitchen area which monitors anyone entering any of my 3 entry doors to the house and the 1 on the shed which gives a clear view of the backyard. The receiver is sitting in my bedroom on top of my TV attached with RCA cables.  I took Mystyx advice and turn the receiver about 90 degrees and that also produce excellent video. I also have another receiver connected to my laptop with the video capture device so I cannot monitor the play by play action even when the TV is in use or I can even watch both at the same time. I have motion detectors also setup around the locations of the cameras which activates my recording software when motion is detected. The motion detectors, I realized are too sensitive. Activates even when a cat sneezes.  ;D . I was also amazed that even the receiver connect to my laptop still picked up excellent video from all 3 cameras. I plan to purchase a flood cam to cover the from yard and a couple wall switches to turn on the lights on the porch and back yard at night when motion is detected. This has been quite an experience and a fun task. For all those people who have negative to say about the x10 products, my advise is to take the time to understand how the system works. For the price, I think it works wonderful when everything is setup correctly. Thanks to the wonderful folks in this forum, I was able to work out all my troubles. THANKS.

NATIVECRAFTS

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »

Chinaboy:  I am also planning to buy the type of system you have.  Could you advise which product ypu bought?  There are so many gizmos x10.om is selling, i find it hard to pick one right one.  It appears you have the same thing what i was looking for.  How did you solve 2.4ghz cordless phone problem? Got rid of it?  Also you say you connected one receiver to your lap top.  Was it easy to do it?  What software you use watch video in laptop?  Do you have what they call DVR Card which is supposed  to store images for as long as 3 months in a hardrive of yyour computer?  Does that work?
Thanks in advance.  Suggestion from anyone appreciated.  I am looking for 4 to 6 infrared wireless camera, receiver, DVR card, and any other necessary equipment.

chinaboy

Re: Multiple Camera Reception Helpful Tips!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 06:57:25 PM »

I purchased a package with 3 instant on wide eye color camera. It included 2 pan and tilt bases, 4 motion detectors , 1 receiver and transmitter, usb video capture device. Also comes with a VCR commander which allows you to recorder to a VCR or I guess a dvr. Don't know to much about the dvr. My package included software for the viewing my play by play action on my computer or via any web enable computer. Love that feature where I can monitor my home from work. Right now I have my images stored on my computer hard drive which really does not take up that much space, because I have it set to take pictures only when motion is detected. I purchased an extra receiver to use with my laptop. Very simple hook up. All you need is 2 available usb ports and the usb video capture device, which connects to the receiver with RCA cables. Yes unfortunately, I had to get rid of the 2.4ghz phones. Bought a 5.8ghz phone and had no problem with it. Trust me when I say the 2.4ghz phones are big problems and I guess any other device in your home that may carry the same frequency. Let me know if I could provide any additional information. This forum has saved my lots of money and headaches. I'm sure it can do the same for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.