Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: VA11A does not work  (Read 142145 times)

elevatorman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: VA11A does not work
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »

Couple of questions:  Does the VA11A show up under "imaging devices" in the device manager?  When you view a camera in iWitness, do you see a splash screen or an image filled with static?

reible

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

After reading and trying things here I'm still at a loss as to how to get my VA11A working.

I have an XP system and followed the instructions in the booklet, downloaded the driver from x10, installed the software, plugged in when it said to... (never saw the notice about not passing windows logo testing??r).  I checked the hardware list and nothing under image device...  I reboot and it says it found new hardware.  I point it to the x10 driverinstall and it says it can not find the driver.

At this point I'm wondering if the hardware is working and since I'm in an endless loop after reinstalling the drivers etc etc.  I let it find what it wants to find.  It finds an intel pc camera.  In the hardware it now shows the image device as the intel camera as does the usb.  I try install a new driver and point again to the x10 driverinstall for the VA11A and just like before it will not install the x10 drivers for the device.

I use to have the VA10A but since it didn't work with the software pkg I upgraded, so the drivers were installed for that way back in the past and I don't know how or if that might have effected things.

In this case of course the iwitness doesn't find the device so it doesn't work, but, I'm sure you guessed that already.  The xp movie maker locks up and I have to kill it...

I don't have that much hair left to be pulling it out trying to get this to work so I then went to my old windows ME machine to see what would happen... it doesn't have the software but I wanted to see if it would install.  It did but as the intel, I was able to get it to use the VA11A driver but when I rebooted it crashed the system big time, about an hour later I solved the problem..... now the system is working but I still will have to clear out some more trash.

With about 6 or 7 hours of playing and reading I'm not making any progress.... could this be dead or damaged hardware???

Anyway if anyone has another idea not already covered here let me know.

Ed

ps the device is plugged into the usb port on the computer and no other devices are on that usb port.  I have tried it on a second port with the same results.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:59:29 PM by reible »

reible

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »

Since I'm still working on it... I thought maybe if I just uninstall it and start over all will be fine.  I guess that is not going to happen.  Go to the add/remove x10 hardware and it gives a "Can't find install.log" error.  I'm thinking that is not a good sign.... now I see if I can find anyone posting this as an issue and how they fix it.......

Ed

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »

After reading and trying things here I'm still at a loss as to how to get my VA11A working.

I have an XP system and followed the instructions in the booklet, downloaded the driver from x10, installed the software, plugged in when it said to... (never saw the notice about not passing windows logo testing??r).  I checked the hardware list and nothing under image device...  I reboot and it says it found new hardware.  I point it to the x10 driverinstall and it says it can not find the driver.

At this point I'm wondering if the hardware is working and since I'm in an endless loop after reinstalling the drivers etc etc.  I let it find what it wants to find.  It finds an intel pc camera.  In the hardware it now shows the image device as the intel camera as does the usb.  I try install a new driver and point again to the x10 driverinstall for the VA11A and just like before it will not install the x10 drivers for the device.
The x10 driver install is a install program pointing to it won't help windows find the driver(their buried in the install!0 you should be pointing to : C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture
I use to have the VA10A but since it didn't work with the software pkg I upgraded, so the drivers were installed for that way back in the past and I don't know how or if that might have effected things.
It may have! :( ::) ???
I don't have that much hair left to be pulling it out trying to get this to work so I then went to my old windows ME machine to see what would happen... it doesn't have the software but I wanted to see if it would install.  It did but as the intel, I was able to get it to use the VA11A driver but when I rebooted it crashed the system big time, about an hour later I solved the problem..... now the system is working but I still will have to clear out some more trash.
Unfortunately you will always have problems with Windows M.E. :( (worst OS windows released)
The method I described here should VA11A Video Capture   work for XP and M.E.! However M.E. will continue to crash as does 98 with the video plug-in! :( :'(
Uninstalling AHP and reinstalling will not help just update the drivers for the intel PC  and point to  C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture when it askes for the location of the driver! ;)
Since I'm still working on it... I thought maybe if I just uninstall it and start over all will be fine.  I guess that is not going to happen.  Go to the add/remove x10 hardware and it gives a "Can't find install.log" error.  I'm thinking that is not a good sign.... now I see if I can find anyone posting this as an issue and how they fix it.......
a lot of installs from X10 give this message when trying to uninstall (especially the older install programs)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:55:28 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

reible

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for the responce! 

I guess I took to many word short cuts in my post but yes I am going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture.  And yes that is NOT working.  It is like what ever drivers it wants are not located in that folder no matter what ways I've tried...  The folder has 8 files in it, da506a.cat, ca506aa.sys, ca506a.inf, ca506av.cat, ca506aa.cat, ca506av.inf, ca506aa.inf, and ca506av.sys.  Does that sound right?  When I try to update the driver per the instuctions it comes back saying that it can not continue and that the it could not find a better match then the software you currently have installed...

The other odd thing is that when I open the AHP it asks to finish installing my ati remote controll which I removed sometime ago... so I'm going to look into that as maybe something that is messing things up... When I was playing with that about a year ago I was having trouble because it kept thinking it was x10 hardware.  Before I started this project with the VA11A starting the AHP did not cause this to happen????  Maybe I'll look into that before doing anything else with this issue.

I'm not really interested in using this on the windows ME machine it was just to see if it would work there and while it installed it crashed before getting to the desktop on the reboot...... but let's not worry about that as I really want this working on my xp machine, and that is where the software resides.

Ed

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »

Quote from:  reile
The other odd thing is that when I open the AHP it asks to finish installing my ati remote controll which I removed sometime ago...

There is an issue wit ATI cards that was reported sometime ago and I'm not sure if this ever got fixed 100%, this is most likely the problem! Do an Advanced Search with the key word "ATI", you may find the fix in the supplied posts!
Note: this post will show up as a hit as well as others!
If that doesn't fix it you will need to edit your registry and remove all ATI entries! ;) :( reinstalling XP will do that as well But I hate to have to do that as do most people) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 03:14:06 PM »

Try this:
1: go to your windows control pannel then system
2:click on hardware then device manager
3:scroll down until you find the VA11A or intel pc cam.
4: right click on it and then click on update driver
5:at the update wizard click no not at this time then next.
6: next screen click instal from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
7: next screen click don't  search.....click next then have disk
8:here type in C:Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
9: next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal...click continue anyways
10:then click finish that should get you up and running ;)

An oldie but a goodie post Tuice.... I gave you a helpful for this because it was helpful for me today. As I sometimes mention.... I use an old curb-sided rescued PC for my HA. And my VA12A.... made too great of a demand on it.

When I plugged in the VA11A... and it was discovered as a Intel Camera... I couldn't just remember the solution. Now its running fine. Thanks again for the post!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 03:38:41 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »

It's my turn...Well I bought my new APC UPS and hooked it up and now I can’t get a picture on any of my cameras. All I get is either a green screen or a scrambled signal. I right clicked the VA11A on both Image Device and Universal Serial Bus (they are in both places) and I get an error that reads Can not update because the version I have is the best version. I even pointed via manual update it to the very folder c/commonfiles/x10 etc. and it won’t show any of the cameras. I have the video drivers on a flash drive and reloaded them from there and still nothing. I read the forums about this problem but still no result. I didn’t move the VA11A to a different USB port or anything. I did however load the software from my new UPS to the computer and I did see it say something about scanning the ports of my computer. I don’t know if that helps or not but…All I did was unplug all the units to plug them into my new UPS and now nothing.   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »

The new APC UPS communicates with the computer by a USB port?
My older BX1000 does.
All you did was unplug all the devices on the original UPS and reconnect them to the new UPS?

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »

Yes, to both of your questions. As a matter of fact, I can't thier software to work either.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:42:34 PM by Mr. Jones »

ofd23

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »

Try this:
6: next screen click instal from a list or specific location(advanced) click next.
8:here type in C:Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture click next the VA11A will show up in the next window click next
9: next window says it hasn't passed..... with a warning...bal bal...click continue anyways

I have tried over and over.  In my device manager it shows the X10 VA110A under Imaging devices and shows it is working properly.  In my USB section it shows Intel Camera Pro driver and that it is also working properly, but when I open AHP I still get the  video not connected icon.  Anything else I can try?

92ranger

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »

Try this:
Does not load for widows 10.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

The va11a doesn't work with anything above Windows XP.
The VA12A was created for Vista and above this was Updated with the VA13A. However I don't believe many were produced.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2017, 05:57:32 AM »

Here is the X10 Wiki Link on the VA11A,VA12A modules. If you care to read the information on them and Date Code where the VA12A was introduced.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/VA11A
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:01:10 AM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.