Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some outlets work some dont.  (Read 21524 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Some outlets work some dont.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 07:13:53 PM »

New outlet would be best; but try simpler stuff first.
Maybe trim some electrical tape to the proper width and wrap it around the two hot pins individually to cover them.
Maybe find some insulating tubing like shrink tubing and again a small piece over the parts exposed not even shrunk if needed.
Piece of small  plastic tubing or hose again near the base to just cover enough so the pins when bottomed in the outlet are covered.

Tony Olson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 07:21:35 PM »

Brian H - that was helpful; I'll try it.

Thanks...

Tony
Tony

roger1818

• Helpful Post Rating: 28
  • Roger H.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 10:52:40 AM »

I bought the SignaLinc Model 4816B2 which is the right model for my 220 device (an old wash machine hookup). The prongs coming out of the Signalinc are one inch and a quarter and the other two are one inch. When I try to plug the SignaLinc in it will only go in so far leaving a portion of the prong(s) exposed which isn't good obviously :o. My question is...can you buy something that fits over the prongs of the SignaLinc that will cut down on how much is exposed or will I have to put in a new 220 receptacle? I'm not using the receptacle for anything. I certainly don't want to use it to get electrocuted  :o.

Hmm.  It could be that you need to push harder on the SignaLinc, but doing so might break it so I would be careful with this idea (you could try buying/borowing a dryer plug and plug and unplug it a few times to losen up the outlet).  If this doesn't help, I would reccomend replacing the outlet.  You could wrapping the exposed portion of the prongs with electrical tape as a temporary solution, but I don't reccoend it as a long term solution.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.