Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: another review  (Read 33954 times)

jmg

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
another review
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »

Just got the AH software, and puchrased all of the modules for it.
I'm basically using it for a  camera moitoring system over the internet.
The softwrae does interface with the cameras ok, but I am having major problems with getting my vanguard camera to turn off and switch with other cameras.. although that may not be due to the software.

The internet plug in (iwitness) is still really buggy. Often you can't log into x10's web site, and even when you can, video does not stream.
I've sloved this problem simply by not using iwitness, and installing remote desktop on yhe home computer (comes stock with XP pro).. that way, I can log into my computer from anywhere, and don't have to worry about streaming through a proxy.. otherwise the software works pretty good

rick

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: another review
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »

IWitness has been very good to me. There is still abug in the system that will not let you change where you save video. It keeps going back to C drive, but other than that, it works very well.

eluedeker

• Helpful Post Rating: -1
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

IWitness has been very good to me. There is still abug in the system that will not let you change where you save video. It keeps going back to C drive, but other than that, it works very well.

Ringmaster

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:31:51 AM »

eluedecker:  You made no comment!  Do we assume you have the same problem as rick?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 07:52:57 AM »

It's not a problem. it's AHP's programming..

AHP creates a folder called My Images on install, regardless of if you don't have cameras.  If you delete it, AHP promptly recreates the folder.  Unless you go searching in the Windows Registry for it and telling Windows to put it where you want it, it's going on the C: drive.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »

It's not a problem. it's AHP's programming...
;D

...Unless you go searching in the Windows Registry for it and telling Windows to put it where you want it, it's going on the C: drive.
If one chooses to "fix" it in the registry, do they have to "fix" it each time there is an update to AHP?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »

Usually once the edit is done, Window always overides the program's settings. I do a Registry change to force Windows to put My Documents on another drive. The My Documents folder on my XP system is on Drive E:

If I have to reformat C:\ for some reason, I don't lose saved Office files.  This is handy if you have a lot of Word, Powerpoint or Access files saved.

WordPerfect's suite allows the user to specify where the progams save their files. It would be nice if AHP had that option.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

cmburch

Re: another review - Happy with AHP Software
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 04:43:07 PM »

I have been using AHP on an old 1999 200MB Ram Fujitsu Lifebook computer with XP for a couple of years.  It seems to work fine with no complaints.  I purchased the program to view the cameras over the web a while back, but I have not set it up yet.  I wonder what is a good type of computer that can be left on at home that does not use a lot of electricity?   I have yet to purchase any X10 cameras because there is no place that I can test them out before purchase.  I have been using nanny cams from SamsClub on my front porch and driveway for a couple of years, and upgraded with Ninjas this year.   I have all of the plugins.  The reason I joined the forum was to search for problems with conditional macros where I have the front door open and it's nighttime to turn on the porch light and front floodlight and a problem that it sometimes does it during the daytime.  Boy if I had read some of these posts, I would have never bought the system.  But I have been using the alarm/automation for about 15 years and have been happy.   I am happy with the software and for the price (Sale/Package Price?) there is nothing close to it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.