Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help can't connect  (Read 27164 times)

sad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
help can't connect
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »

OK I need help--I just got hooked up with x10.  been through x10 support and my puter knowledge is limited, but still can't connect to webview, multiview or pan tilt pro. All software is loaded and working on computers.  I have the home part of the system working fine , but cannot view or connect with servers for pan tilt or webview via the internet (I do however have x-ray working over the internet). I think I have opened all ports needed, but still cannot connect.
Ive run the internet test and I fail everytime.  It says that I have a NAT (network address translation) running and that's bad (i guess).  Ive tried for days to get that to change and I cannot. 

Please can someone help--- I need to view my cameras on the internet

thank you

tonyad

Re: help can't connect
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 10:10:29 AM »

I have the same problem- I can get Xray to work over internet but not pan-tily

Tech just keeps saying to open ports- they are open- also, I can not get their test program to work, the puiblic IP is always left blank

Let me know if you get resolution and I will do same

thanks

Malak

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:44:01 PM »

Where do you get the test program? I assume it's used to connect to a known
running server that is configed well...?

sad

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »

the test program can be found at x10 website.  go to support.  I think its on that page or email them they will send you a link.

As far as connecting with my  NAT problem--there is no fix---I had to buy activehome with iwitness to bypass the NAT problem.  Sounds like this used to be a big issue for x10, but activehome addresses it.  That's why they are giving webview away--so you have to come back and buy activehome with iwitness.

So, there's the answer--you must buy more

If you purchased webview---I'd be pissed
If you got it free with a package---not to much can be said, "Other than x10 should be telling everybody to save their customers time, money, frustration and stress"

tonyad

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 06:37:49 PM »

are you able to also see and move the pan-tilt cmaera now?

help3113

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

I bought the activehome with iwitness to try to connect to the server cuase the webview won't do it but still it won't let me,
it take a lot of time and still won't connect. who can help me with this problem?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.