Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: smart macros and conditional checks not working  (Read 10669 times)

rtc99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
smart macros and conditional checks not working
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »

I have purchased AHP, smart macros as well as Ivision.  Recently I added the smart macros and have been frustrated ever since.  If I use a lamp with a house and unit code of any letter/number combinaation.  Make a macro to turn it on, timeout after 1 minute and then off, it works fine.  Whether triggered by the PC, eagleeye, AHP interface or manually by clicking on the blue macro button.

If I change the macro to only run at night and its daytime, clicking the run macro, tripping the eagle eye to a transceiver, always runs the macro.  I've used different times, modules on/off status, setting flags.   I even reloaded my PC with XP, downloaded the software again using my same email keys and still get the same problem.    Have talked to x10, and they sent me a new AHP.  Still same problem.  I've saved and downloaded it to the interface.  Still same problem.  All other features work great, but not the conditional statements.

Anyone having this problem and found an answer, I would greatly appreciate any help here.

Thanks,

emil

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: smart macros and conditional checks not working
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »

Did you set your location correctly?
ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:02:46 PM »

rtc99  is it any conditions or just your night time conditions?
 Can you post your exacted macro your having problems with unit #s, house codes,  conditions and elses with the order they're in?
It will help us spot a potential problem! ;) :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:04:37 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

I had this problem too, but I found it was because I had setup my macro to save in interface then added a PC only command to my interface macro and downloaded, it downloaded and worked but didn't take conditions into consideration because I had a PC only run command in it.
I changed the PC only to its own macro and setup my original macro for interface only.

not sure if you have added a PC run command into your macro?
I run my day/night macros for cams and lights outside and a 2nd macro to do PC only commands.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

rtc99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »

My problem is no matter if I set up a light in the interface or to the PC, anytime I use a condition (i.e. flag set/not set, module on or off, daytime or nighttime, between times), the macro always executes and turns on a light. 

I'm working with tech support now and have sent him two configurations to test.  One is a very simple one of two macros.  First macro sets flag 1, second macro turns on light if flag 1 not set.  Second macro always turns on the light no matter what I set the flag to.  Whether ran in the interface or on the PC.  All other features of AHP and Ivision work fine.

Am working with defective software I think.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »

Try the new update others experienced problems with conditions perhaps the update fixes that!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PaulBennett

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 03:32:47 AM »

If you read my post you would know that even with the new update and regardless of what the condition is or what the house codes are, IT DON"T WORK !!  Remove the condition and it works.  Add it back and it doesn't.

And don't suggest different codes or did you upload (their terminology is BACKWARDS from industry standards).  It just don't work
!!  with conditions. 

I am dismayed that they havent checked this out before releasing the software.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

PaulBennett: Heres a couple of things to check!
1: Are all you modules configured correctly? (appliance module an appliance module not a lamp module,two-way  as a two-way) dumb question I know but depending on how many units or how fast you added them you've added it is possible to miss!
Not knowing when you started using AHP but seeing that you have upgraded at least once it is posible that your ahx file is corupt!
2: Go to file then new create a new room, module, and macro for it if it runs correctly there is a problem with your original AHX file. if this is the case it will take a while to find the problem but is possible! ;) I had one module that wouldn't let me move it or delete it or access it I had to delete the whole room (fortunately I could move other modules from that room first!).
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.