Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't make it work  (Read 28364 times)

HerbD

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't make it work
« on: March 17, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »

For the life of me I can not make Vanguard software work. When i hook up the receiver to the TV then all four cameras work find. but when I hook up to the VA11A adapter I get nada. Can some on please help. I've been over the install instructions a hundred time and I'm just not getting anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Herb

darkstarz

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • USMC - Semper Fi - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
    • Darkstarz World
Re: Can't make it work
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:48:19 AM »

What kind of computer OS are you running. XP, 2000, 98, ME ?
Check the "Device Manager" to see if the VA11A is actually installed in the hardware listing. If it has an exclammation point (!) next to the device, then there is aproblem with the hardware installation. There are 2 locations in Device Manager to look, one is titled "Imaging Devices" and the other will be in the "Universal Serial Bus devices". In the Imaging devices it should be listed as X10 VA11A Video Capture. If it says "Intel  PC Camera" in the Imaging Devices, you need to "Update driver" for it, select Install from a list or specific location" click on "next" then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" click on "next" then you should see a list that includes "X10 VA11A Video capture." Then check the list for Universal Serial Bus controllers. It should have Intel PC Camera, check the driver there as well. Even though it says Intel PC Camera, the driver should show up as an X10 driver, if not, then do the same thing as above for updating the driver.
  This is a Windows issue, not an X10 issue. regretfully.
Larry S.
http://www.darkstarz.com
The impossible we do immediately,
Miracles may take us a day longer.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »

One added  note: if you don't see the va11a in the list of devices to choose from click on have disk then tell it to look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture (you may wish to make sure you have this location first) but you should if the vangaurd software installed properly! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bill C.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 02:44:49 PM »

Once you do get the software properly installed, good luck ! Mine STILL doesn't work right and I'm sure it's got all the correct drivers and device associations.
If you try to watch recorded vidio...CRASH !......if you get interference from anything........CRASH !.........try to capture a snapshot from a recorded vidio.....
....you've guessed it......CRASH ! :-[     I'm getting "run as a DLL has experienced a problem and will close now".   This is on a multimedia xp platform with DUAL 2.2 GHz
processing and 2 GIG of DDR Dual-Channel RAM !  The impression I'm getting from blogs is the Vanguard Software has serious "issues".   I'm not even trying to engage motion detection, preset positions, or run any macros yet......much less link over the net for remote use !  If I'm having this hard a time just trying to get the elementary functions working, it doesn't look like I ever will get the use from all this stuff, for which it was purchased !  Another unhappy customer.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »

Bill C. as PTooTi discovered check to see that the dll file is the latest version the post refers to Active Home Pro but may help your case! ;) it goes into detail how to install the new versions!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

big1020

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »

Once you do get the software properly installed, good luck ! Mine STILL doesn't work right and I'm sure it's got all the correct drivers and device associations.
If you try to watch recorded vidio...CRASH !......if you get interference from anything........CRASH !.........try to capture a snapshot from a recorded vidio.....
....you've guessed it......CRASH ! :-[     I'm getting "run as a DLL has experienced a problem and will close now".   This is on a multimedia xp platform with DUAL 2.2 GHz
processing and 2 GIG of DDR Dual-Channel RAM !  The impression I'm getting from blogs is the Vanguard Software has serious "issues".   I'm not even trying to engage motion detection, preset positions, or run any macros yet......much less link over the net for remote use !  If I'm having this hard a time just trying to get the elementary functions working, it doesn't look like I ever will get the use from all this stuff, for which it was purchased !  Another unhappy customer.
i have the same problem, and the support tech of x10 are not good for me.  >:( >:( :-\

mellemel46

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »

I am also not able to get Vanguard to work at all.  I've checked my devices and all seem to be working just fine.  I can not get any video through Vangaurd but I am able to get video through Pan + Tilt.  Go figure!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.