Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHomePro Help. Recovering from machine rebuild....  (Read 3972 times)

chuck h.

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHomePro Help. Recovering from machine rebuild....
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:04:57 AM »

I'm looking to find out what I can do to recover from a machine rebuild.

Was able to snag the X10Active.xml file, and wonder if I can use that to back into the recovery of my AHP system definitions (rooms, switches and such) without having to rebuild all of my components from scratch.  I also have macros as well, FWIW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chuck H.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: ActiveHomePro Help. Recovering from machine rebuild....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:46 AM »

Did you manage to get your .ahx files?  They contain your modules and timers.  If you back them up, when you re-install AHP, everything you had is back.

I'm not sure the X10Active.xml file will do any good.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Serge

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:06:24 PM »

Hi Chuck,

I think there is a way to do it:
1- Reinstall AHP as for the first time, launch it and put your registration info when ask, to activate it
2- Close AHP
3- Delete or rename all .ahx files present in installation folder (and others too, but you shouldn't find other ones)
4- Go in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings" and replace X10Active.xml present here by your own one
5- Start AHP and I think you'll see there your own configuration. If so, don't forget to save your .ahx file in any folder you want

Don't know if this will help but I think I'd try it. Tell us...

Serge
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:08:07 PM by Serge »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 12:30:33 PM »

Having just did this  for ahp I can tell you Yes! and it is supose to work for importing Active home files!
Reinstall AHP and the plugins then register with ahp open click on File then Open. go to where your backup AhP file was and open it then save as what everyou'd like.
If you never had AHP before and wish to inport from Active Home then when you click on open go down to file types and change that to ActiveHome from ActiveHomePro navigate to your AH file and click your file AHP should rebuild your ah file to a AHP file.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

chuck h.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to save any .ahx or .ahp files---I was only able to snag the .xml.

Think Dan was right.  I tried both Serge's approach (closest to what I could work with), as well as Tuicemen's, but nothing.

I'll print out the XML and reload it, based on what I have in there---at least as much as possible.

Lesson learned---.ahps and .ahxs are alot more important than the .xmls.  I'll reach a little harder for those first, the next time I have trouble.  :-)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Chuck H.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.