Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do the colors mean?  (Read 8376 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
What do the colors mean?
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:54:17 AM »

In AHP for module status, what do the blue and green colors in the brightness slider mean?  When I open AHP after timers are run by the CM15A, some modules have a blue background and most have green background.

I read what the colors mean, but I don't remember where.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: What do the colors mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 11:52:27 AM »

Dan from what I remember blue means AHP couldn't get the status of that module so it's guessing green means it  was able to get the status !
 It was explained to me that AHP looks at the monitored house code for the status but It isn't 100% accurate as I still get blue and green colors!  and the modules are on the monitored code ??? ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:31:30 PM »

Sounds like there are still glitches in the X10 Network Services - AHP relationship.  While AHP is now at 3.202, X10 Network Services is still sitting at version 1.0.0.1, with a file date of Monday, November 12, 2001, 2:31:48 PM.

Can we get X10Pro's take on this?

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »

Tuicemen and Dan Lawrence,

Did some testing, Green is the color of the switch both ON & DIM settings if done while AHP is connected to the CM15A. The switch will be Green when turned on or dimmed locally at the PC or from any other remote. If however you have the CM15A disconnected from the PC any module on the "Monitored House Code" will be Green or Blue for any operations done to those modules while the CM15A was disconnected. The Blue are modules that are on but dimmed < 100%, the Green are the ones just turned on. Try it yourself, disconnect the CM15A from the PC, use a remote and turn one lamp ON and another lamp ON then DIM to around 50%. Must be modules on monitored house code. Then reconnect the CM15A to the PC start AHP, the  lamp that was on will be Green and the dimmed lamp will be Blue!
I think this is some way of letting you know the status of the modules after connecting to the CM15A.

Regards,
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:12 PM »

That's not the case here. My CM15A is always connected to the PC, which is usualy on 24/7.  AHP is not aways open, just when needed.  The BLUE shows up for modules that are straight lamp modules (all at 100% brightness) plus two WS477 wall switch modules, (which AHP usually does not regonize the status of)  when turned on by a macro.  AHP cannot discern the status of WS477 if it is turned on manually, even if AHP is open.

Most lights, regardless of module type, that are turned on by macros are at 100% when the macro runs. Only two lights are turned on at less than 100% for certain reasons.  AHP correctly seens those two at their proper brigghness levels.

I'm still somewhat sure the problem lies in the X10 Network Services - AHP communication.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »

The blue is supposed to only show up in the case that billy describes -- when the CM15A has been disconnected from the computer or if the computer is off (also if the X10 Device service is not running). The blue will only appear on modules on the Monitored House Code, and will only show up if the interface status has the modules as having been dimmed. We display the blue to let you know that the module is on but we don't know what the current dim level is.

That being said, there is a bug in this feature, evident in what Dan's example. I've seen it myself and it's been on my list to fix. The problem is that AHP is updating the UI based on the interface status, even when it should be using the internal (more accurate) status tracking. This will only occur for modules on the Monitored House Code, since the interface doesn't track status of other modules.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03:19 PM »

Is that symptomatic of the X10 Network Services-AHP relationship problem?  The PC AHP is on remains on 24/7 (except for power outages and maintainence.

Montored Housecodes are A & F, which are the only ones that have transcievers on them. A1, A2 and A3 are on, usually from 6:30 AM to 1:00 AM the next day, so is F2.  A dusk timer runs to turn on all the A lights and F2 (which may be on anyway), but AHP shows A1 and A3 with  blue, but A2 and F2 as green. What's odd is although A2 is on a an X10 outlet, F2 is a lamp modlule.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »

Now this is getting wierd!!!! :o  The XP Home box that AHP is on has two profiles, mine and my wife's.  A timer runs at 7:35 AM to turn on A1 to A3 and F2.  XP was in my wife's profle.  I checked AHP after the timer ran, and ALL were green.  I went into my profile and checked again. A1 & A3 were now blue.  Same hard drive, same AHP, same CM15A, same X10 Network Services.

What's going on?

Inquiring mimes need to know.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 10:25:21 AM »

X10 Pro, billy: Althought this is the way it is supose to work it doesn't(well maybe it does) as I always have my cm15a connected to my PC and It is always on and the modules in question are on the monitored House code!(so this being the case I should never see blue)
Glade Dan Lawrence and myself aren't the onlyones seeing this! How ever it isn't a big deal for me but it maybe something to add to the "TO DO LIST' once the bigger bugs are worked out!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

billy

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 03:55:20 PM »

BLUE will be there on any dimmed module if AHP was not running, even with the CM15A always connected and the PC ON.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

billy

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »

The BLUE just highlights the "?" or unknown dim level.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 04:14:10 PM »

Except, Billy, the affected modules were OFF when the timer ran and the brightness levels for "ON" for A1 & A3 is 100%. No dim levels involved.

Also explain how A1 & A3 showed as Green in my wife's profile and Blue in my profile.  Same AHP, Same CM15A, same x10 Network Services. 

billy

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 04:38:49 PM »

Dan,

In your preferences, middle tab, Macro Options is Issue 'ON' in place of Bright 100%' checked?
If not then the lamp will be Bright 100% and not ON.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

Dan: The bug is that AHP is inconsistently and incorrectly using the CM15A status information to update the UI. The interface tracks on/off status, and dimmed status for the Monitored House Code. The dimmed status is true if a dim or bright command has been sent on that address. AHP isn't using that information in the right way, so you get the illogical results.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 05:29:17 PM »

Dan,

In your preferences, middle tab, Macro Options is Issue 'ON' in place of Bright 100%' checked?
If not then the lamp will be Bright 100% and not ON.

I don't have Smart macros.  I use the AHP timers. Every timer, except for 2, is always 100% brightness.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.