Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do the colors mean?  (Read 8377 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: What do the colors mean?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »

Dan: The bug is that AHP is inconsistently and incorrectly using the CM15A status information to update the UI. The interface tracks on/off status, and dimmed status for the Monitored House Code. The dimmed status is true if a dim or bright command has been sent on that address. AHP isn't using that information in the right way, so you get the illogical results.

So that's a bug in AHP that is on the "Things to fix" list.   Also, does X10 Network Services need an upgrade? The file is 5 years old and predates everything else in AHP. When the file was created I was still running Active Home and Win9x. Didn't even know AHP existed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:40:04 PM by Dan Lawrence »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 06:47:03 PM »

The inconsistently continues, with a twist. Tonight, A1 is BLUE, but wonder of wonders, A3 is GREEN. Both were ON when the timer ran.

The CM15A fathfully runs every timer when it's supposed to, it's the communication between X10 Network Services and AHP that's at the root of the problem.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 02:49:53 PM »

Dan: The bug is that AHP is inconsistently and incorrectly using the CM15A status information to update the UI. The interface tracks on/off status, and dimmed status for the Monitored House Code. The dimmed status is true if a dim or bright command has been sent on that address. AHP isn't using that information in the right way, so you get the illogical results.

This is NOT a seroius problem, as the CM15A runs every timer flawlessly. Lights go on and off when they are supposed to.  I'd like to know when X10 is going to correct the probem, wherever the problem lies: AHP, X10 Network Services or wherever the problem lies  I'll wait.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

Can X10 Pro address this?

The X10 Network Serviices files are 5 years old.  X10nets.exe as a file date of 11/12/2001, X10.exe has a file date of 10/30/2001. X10nets.exe loads with Windows XP Home and shows up in the running tasks.  All the files are housed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common.

All files were installed with AHP in the inital install.  Is the fact that X10Nets.exe is over 4 years old be the cause of the communications errors?

What does the file achmd.exe do?

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »

Those file dates are correct. Those particular files don't do much other than make use of the DLLs and other resources that we update. AHCmd.exe is part of the SDK, and allows you to communicate with the interface to send and receive commands from the command line.

The problem is not a communication error. The problem is that the AHP UI is using the information it has in incorrect ways. The information it is getting from the CM15A and from the X10 service is correct, but it is applying bad logic to updating the display on screen. It's a program bug in AHP that we will fix.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 06:00:28 PM »

Thank you for all the information. The only modules that seem to have are two lamp modules, A1 & A3 (both lamp modules) at all timers, A4 and A6 (both WS477's) only at 6:30 AM weekdays. All are BLUE when the various timers turn them on.  Every other lamp module's status is always correct.

I will await the correction.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:19 PM »

Update 4/13/06.

All timers and the single macro run as scheduled and programmed.  When the dusk timers run and turn on A1, A2 & A3, A1 & A3 always show up in BLUE, even when the lights are off. All other modules that the dusk timer turns on are always GREEN. These are modules on housecodes B and F.  Both A and F are transcieved, B, C, F & O are not.

If I turn off A1 & A3 by my SS13 and then turn the them on, in AHP they are shown in GREEN even If AHP is not open, which tells me that X10 Network Services is telliing AHP to update its module status - successfully!  Explain that one.

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »

Only modules on the Monitored House Code will show up in blue. The problem is not in the X10 Device Network service; it's in AHP. The X10 service keeps the status information and sends AHP notices of changes, but AHP does the actual updating of the screen. In the case where the blue is showing when it shouldn't, AHP isn't using the information it has correctly.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:09:30 PM »

Then why do the lights on monitored housecode K always show up in GREEN every time, regardless of the light being off or on when the timer runs?

Why should AHP be selective and only fail to show correct status on one monitored housecode and correctly show correct status on the other?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.