Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Large PowerHorn (PH508-COM) doens't sound  (Read 29429 times)

Rox

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
My Large PowerHorn (PH508-COM) doens't sound
« on: March 23, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »

I've just installed a DS7000 security kit. It works well, but the PowerHorn (PH508-COM) doens't sound.
I don't understand why. I've set the housecode dial to the same letter as my security system (I've tried to change letter too). Then, I've set the unit code to an unused number. Even if I tried several numbers, the PowerHorn doens't sound when my alarm system trips.

What to do?

Rox

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: My Large PowerHorn (PH508-COM) doens't sound
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 06:02:17 PM »

Try it in another outlet or as a test in the same outlet as the console. If it sounds there you have a signal problem getting from the console to the powerhorn. Most homes are split phase and sometimes X10 signals from one phase to the other have trouble getting there. So if the console is on one phase and the powerhorn on the other. It could be a problem.
Let us know if the powerhorn will sound when in the same outlet.

Rox

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 04:20:05 AM »

I've tried to connect the PowerHorn PH508 at the same outlet of the DS7000 console.

Letters and numbers are both "O" and "13", but the PowerHorn doesn't sound yet. Is everything correct?

Do you think it happens because of I live in Italy and I use two 220-110 converters for the DS7000 and the PH508?
At the moment I have not a triple outlet for trying to connect the DS7000 and the PH508 at the same 220-110 converter. I'm not be able to find it in Rome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:26:04 AM by Rox »

zethya

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

I have the same problem with my two new PH508s. They are controlled through the x10 circuitry in an ADEMCO/Honeywell Alarm Console. When I trip a test alarm, or set Lights ON/OFF, all other X10 controllers (Appliance Modules) respond as programmed. If I remove the PH508 from it's outlet and replace it with an Appliance Module (connected to a Lamp) set to the same House and Number as the PH508, it responds correctly. When I first plug the PH508 into an outlet it beeps once very quietly, which I assume means it is alive and is designed to do so - although nothing appears in the documentation. This same situation occurs with both PH508s. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 07:08:33 PM »

Rox; Possible it is a signal thing. Remember the PH508 and SH10A siren modules do not turn On with a standard X10 House Unit code ON signal. It needs to see an a set of signals cycling to trigger them. At about 1 second intervals. On and Off on the House Unit Code it is set to. All Lights On and All Lights off [All Units Off also works] on the House Code it is set to. Once triggered it will stay sounding for 4 minutes or about 30 seconds after the last cycle.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 07:18:35 PM »

zethya; The Powerhorn Siren modules both the PH508 and the SH10A do not act like a standard light or appliance module. They will NOT turn on with a single ON command to it's address. They are triggered by a continuous cycle of X10 Powerline commands. That react to an On-Off Cycle [about 1 second between commands] on the House Unit Code it is set to. Also an All Lights ON - All Lights Off [All Units Off also works] on the House Code it is set to. Takes about three cycles and then they continue until the cycle stops for 30 address seconds or 4 minutes of sounding.

Easy test use a powerline controller or remote with transceiver. Set the PH508 to a House Unit Code and then send a series of On Off commands on that address at about 1 second between the on and off. In about three cycles the PH508 should sound. An All Lights On All Units Off or All Lights On all Lights Off on the House code should also trigger it and any other light module or wall switch on that house code.

zethya

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 01:19:04 AM »

Thanks. That was the problem. If anyone is using the Ademco/Honeywell Alarm system (Series LYNXR-EN) to control X-10 Devices, you MUST set Item b to "3" (Continuous On-Off Pulse) when Programming (*80) the PH508.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 06:47:24 AM »

Good. Nice to know it was fixed.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.