Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't trigger a macro  (Read 16002 times)

xmin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't trigger a macro
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »

I can't seemed to get my macro to trigger when a motion sensor is detected, unless I assigned the macro TRIGGER code to the same as sensor house code and unit code.

The follow micro will trigger and work fine but some time ActivePro terminated on my XP and rebooted my PC once.

Sensor house&unit code = "M1"
Macro Trigger = "M1"

The following Macro will NOT get triggered when the sensor is detected.

Sensor house&unit code = "M1"
Macro Trigger = "M2"

Any help is appreciated!

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Can't trigger a macro
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:33:23 PM »

This is working correctly. The macro trigger has to be the sames as the code from the motion sensor, otherwise there's no way for the macro to know when to start.

digiSal

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 12:57:55 AM »

Sort of similar problem

I have one sensor ,A3.

I have it trigger Macro A3 which turns on light A1 only at Nighttime, then off 1 minute later. That works fine.

but then then i add another Macro named A3 to Chime a Chime module but  it wont work. It works when I press the button on the screen but not when i pass through the sensor. Only the light goes on. I have downloaed macros to the interface.

any ideas?

WinS

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:57:05 AM »

digiSal- One thing to try:  Since you have two A3 macros, you will see two tabs on the macro screen.  The tab position can be dragged left or right to change the sequence of the event.  Try dragging the right tab to the left position, save, download, and retest.  I've had some success with this, especially when there are three tabs.  I'm not sure whether you are using the same condition for the chime as for the light module - if this action doesn't work, how is the chime macro set up?

me too

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »

Check preferences and make sure "multiple modules can use same address", or something like that at least

digiSal

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

digiSal- One thing to try:  Since you have two A3 macros, you will see two tabs on the macro screen.  The tab position can be dragged left or right to change the sequence of the event.  Try dragging the right tab to the left position, save, download, and retest.  I've had some success with this, especially when there are three tabs.  I'm not sure whether you are using the same condition for the chime as for the light module - if this action doesn't work, how is the chime macro set up?

I just tried that WinS, and instead of the Light turning on the Chime went on. So I must be missing something that is not allowing both macros to run. here is a screen shot of my  macro summary.

and i do have "multipe modules can use same address" enabled.

EDIT: After the 5 minutes and 50 Seconds the light will go off. And i switched to Daylight for the purpose of testing today.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 12:45:44 PM by digiSal »

WinS

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

Seems like it should work.  At this point I would leave the chime macro, but delete the light macro, then rebuild the light macro with a two second delay at the beginning (with same condition).  Keep the chime macro tab in the position it is when it works, save, etc, and retry.   I have macros like this which work, but strange things can happen.  You will get it working eventually.  Hope this helps.

digiSal

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 02:31:45 PM »

You are the man, man. Sllightly modifying your suggestions, it worked!

I created the Chime macro, added the else to turn on the light after a 2 second delay but that didnt work so i moved the Light macro over to the left and it worked! Removing the 2 second delay causes it to not work again, so for some reason it needs that delay. Pretty cool.

--Sal-

Seems like it should work.  At this point I would leave the chime macro, but delete the light macro, then rebuild the light macro with a two second delay at the beginning (with same condition).  Keep the chime macro tab in the position it is when it works, save, etc, and retry.   I have macros like this which work, but strange things can happen.  You will get it working eventually.  Hope this helps.

WinS

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »

Sal...The smart macros can be quite useful, if not a bit frustrating at times.  Glad you got things working!

daneme

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 10:51:36 PM »

I am new to this X10 thing, I love the activehome interface but I have been wrestling with macros that just don't work right. Your idea of adding a time delay to the beginning of the macros seems to have done the trick! That's a great tip, er, bug fix.
So now I have to remember to add 2 second delays at the beginning of EVERY macro. Maybe they'll fix this in a future software update?
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for that little tidbit.
Dan

froggy

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

Newbie,
Why do you use a separate macro for the chime?  Is there a condition that I missed that caused you to do that?  Why not add the chime to Macro 3? That would ring the chime and turn on the light at the same time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.