Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard problems  (Read 9237 times)

jcrsbj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard problems
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:49:13 AM »

Can only receive camera video now, no control over pan, tilt or zoom.
Seems to be related to power supply which appears to be a small componet board in camera.
More than 2 years old, out of warranty and X10 has no repair capability.
Any ideas out there.
Thanks for you help,
John

DonA.

Re: Vanguard problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:35:42 PM »

I retired from my job which was "Signals and Communications" teck. for a major railroad. Although I have over 40 years in the electronic field. As smart as people believe I am, the truth is that my best friend, who by the way never studied the subject of electronics is by far so much smarter than I.  I can troubleshoot with the best of them but Tim (my buddy) is the smartest person I have ever met. And believe me, I've met hundreds of electronic techicians but never anyone as good as Tim for solving problems.

I could give you his name/phone/etc. if you like. Let me know. My email address is in my profile.

RockinDolphin

Re: Vanguard problems
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 01:17:05 AM »

Does the Vanguard have a separate, addressable power supply like I think that it does? Do you have another Vangaurd where you could take it's supply and use it on the faulty camera to see if it works again? What are you using to control it? Computer, or wireless remote? Are the batteries good in the remote, or can it be otherwise eliminated as the problem?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.