Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ninja Web Cam Control  (Read 11111 times)

bluereefboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Ninja Web Cam Control
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:11:42 AM »

Me and my neighbor both have x10 cameras setup.  He is using house code A, me D.  When he uses his remote to pan the Ninja camera mount it controls his cameras and mine as well.  I'm also controlling his camera mounts with my remote.

How do we limit this?

tks!

bronco

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Ninja Web Cam Control
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 02:08:43 PM »

As far as I can tell, all ninja bases work on the same commands.  The House code on the ninja has no effect.
It gets its direction through RF only not through the A/C Line.   Distance is the only thing that seems to keep one from working.

billy

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »

bluereefboy,

The Ninja base is powered from the addressable power supply so whenever the camera is selected the Ninja will respond to the RF signals.
Maybe using separate addressable power supplies, one for the Camera(XM10A), and the one for the Ninja(XM14a) using different Unit codes.  This way you could select the camera and not have the Ninja active.
"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."  Albert Camus

RockinDolphin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:31:11 AM »

You two either need to agree on what codes to use for your Ninja's and use them for nothing else, or you need a isolation filter to filter-out errant X-10 signals from coming in through the transformer at the street from your neighbor's house, and vice-versa. An X-10 rep should be able to help you. If not, try www.smarthome.com

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.