Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problems with the communication PC - Cm11  (Read 26160 times)

greck

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
problems with the communication PC - Cm11
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:27:34 AM »

Hi people,
I'm trying to make my own software and I'm using a cm11 controller.

Unhappily, I'm having some problem to control correctly the X10 devices and I'm looking for some help.

I have already used some software and libraries (and sdk) to control the devices (including activehome) but i noticed a problem in communication. I send some X10 commands but, almost always, the CM11 interface responds not with the checksum or other expected message, but responds with a interface pool signal (0x5a). I tried to treat that, but with no great results. None of this software resolve this problem, so, it seems that the commands that i sent are lost and the actions are not executed. Almost always, the data, that the interface have to the PC read, have no meaning (i think).

I don't know how to solve this problem.
Ideas, soon as possible, are well comming. ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 06:29:44 AM by greck »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: problems with the communication PC - Cm11
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:42:27 AM »

You cannot use the sdk with Active Home and the CM11.

In order to use anything witten for Active Home Pro and the CM15A you must upgrade.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

greck

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:26:20 AM »

Hi,

When I said that used the activehome it was only an example of one software used, because was the one that came with the CM11 interface. I don't used the activehome sdk.
Because i want to make my own program and all the libraries that I found don't treat correctly the messages, I used some softwares to test the control of my devices and none had the expected response.

So, at this moment, i didn't find anything (software or library), yet,  that communicate correctly with CM11.
My question is if the CM11 module usually send a lot of "0x5a" messages, and the programs don't treat them correctly, or if it is some problem of my module specifically.

thanks ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:28:21 AM by greck »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:43:03 PM »

I take it you have the "cm11a_protocol.txt" file from the X10 support area.
What OS are you using?

greck

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 06:02:03 AM »

yes, I have "cm11a_protocol.txt" file...
I think that I already find the source of my problem: too much interference of other computers, etc on the power line. The CM11 controller interpreted that noise as x10 events on the line, and notified the computer... Once the noise was too much, this notifications were constants and the communication was harmed  a lot...

thanks anyway... ;)

hkactive

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

Check some of the hints on the end of the following post:

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=8512.0

The basic problem is the CM11A_Protocol.txt must have been wriiten by the original engineer.

He did a good job. It's just that not too many people can speak or understand the binary language.

Hank

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »

yes, I have "cm11a_protocol.txt" file...
I think that I already find the source of my problem: too much interference of other computers, etc on the power line. The CM11 controller interpreted that noise as x10 events on the line, and notified the computer... Once the noise was too much, this notifications were constants and the communication was harmed  a lot...

thanks anyway... ;)

Sounds like you need to get some noise filters (XPPF Plug in Filters are useful) to suppress noise. Noise will affect ANY X10 system. Get one for every computer you have (they are usually the biggest offenders) and any other elctronic gadget you bought since you got X10.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.