Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Quality Picture Should I Expect?  (Read 26737 times)

Carrie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What Quality Picture Should I Expect?
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:38:36 AM »

I  received my system yesterday. I ordered the 4 camera wireless NightWatch Low Light and received regular B/W cameras. Not realizing this, I installed 3 cameras and when dusk began to set in I had virtually 0 viewing. I definitely will need to exchange for NightWatch cameras.  I have emailed company with this and am waiting to hear back.  I got through all the steps okay, but the picture I receive is less than desirable. It is viewable, but somewhat fuzzy. The first camera shows the best picture, the others have a black horizontal line that rolls down screen. I have moved transmitter, receiver, tv, and disconnected cordless phones, but doesn’t correct problem. I know this is not the most sophisticated system out there, but don’t know what sharpness in picture to expect. How is company to work with on returns?  Should I just bundle up and search for a different system or is there hope? I’m not sure even with the night time cameras, it is the quality I am searching for. Just hoping some of you out there could fill me in as to what sharpness of picture to expect, or is the fuzziness normal for these cameras?  I am new to the boards so I am hoping this issue hasn’t been addressed already.  How easy is the company to work with on returns?  TIA  Carrie

Carrie

Re: What Quality Picture Should I Expect?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »

I may have the above post in wrong forum. I thought I was putting it in wireless cameras....sorry! ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:15:23 AM by Carrie »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »

I may have the above post in wrong forum. I thought I was putting it in wireless cameras....sorry!
Not a problem! As for what quality you should expect with the B&W . Well I've not been a big fan of them I have one  and find the pic is very grainy. I do get a pic with lower light then the color ones but the quality isn't to my liking. There is a thread I started at ACCESSHA.COM with some different pics posted from users one is a B&W at different light conditions! This may help you deside ! ;) :)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Carrie

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:08 PM »

I checked out the link and have decided that I just need a better quality picture. Day time is somewhat acceptable, but it is really important to have quality night pictures. I don't think this is the system for me.  Thanks so much for the help.  Carrie

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »

I found with a light positioned right a wide eye color camera gives a good picture at night.

the picture is black but anything reflected off the light will show up nicely in the camera.
during the day the wide eye cameras are my first choice too. looks brighter with this lens.

also I tried a Ultra lowlight wide eye lens from a taxi camera we built...
replaced on the color Xcams, it gave an nice lowlight very closeup focus (too close for home use) and was color, but wonder what other lenses can be bought for it.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

Well I tell ya I have a couple of those cameras and mine look way better then the ones on the link. Got mine hooked up to my new 32 inch high definition Sony through the RCA jacks and the picture I think is impressive in DAYLIGHT, it's merely acceptable at night with additional light. What x10 needs to do, x10 are you listening?? is incorporate that new LED technology into their cameras, most all the manufacturers now offer LED's for their night cameras and the improvement is very noticeable. At the very least they need to immediately incorporate them in their 500 dollars Vanguard zoom camera. Technology continues to move on just like the new thing now are network cameras and the price for one of these with zoom is now around 300.00 for the Panasonic so x10 needs to get on the ball. The night shots of the color cameras iare terrible. Like I said the low light ones are ok but you need additional light, if the low light ones had LED's they would really be impressive. The Floodcams are my favorite and I have two of those very good picture day and night.

Tcj

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.