Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: General Comment on MYHouse Online  (Read 8398 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
General Comment on MYHouse Online
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »

Discalimer: I do not need or want to access my AHP system through the Web.

Haviing read every post in this topic since it was esatabished and also all the posts on the old forums on MYHouse Online I have but one comment: I would not try  MYHouse Online if X10 gave it to me.  I do not beleive anyone who has it has ever been able to connect every time they tried.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 04:12:05 PM by X10 Pro »
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: General Comment on MYHouse Online
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

Dan: I edited your post to get rid of extra tags that were hanging out.

I appreciate your perception of the product based on your reading of these forums, and I admit there have been problems. We've worked very hard to get those problems fixed, though, and I believe that as of v3.203 the majority of them are fixed. Many of the problems reported since then have been solved by ensuring that people are using the right IDs, user names, and passwords, or that they have their systems configured correctly for the versions that are running. It's not perfect, but this current version is very solid, and I think that the performance is very good. Maybe other customers will be able to address this issue more, and of course we are always working to improve the product.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »

Please excuse my somewhat critical comment. Having read all the posts, it seemed to me the 3.203 version hadn't done much to corect the nagging problems. Not one post had any "It's working great every time" comment in it.  Those who could connect once seemed to be unable to connect again.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

You are correct Dan, I connected perfectly the first time, and not again after that. Connecting with Webview seems to be more stable at least for me. I don't see the reason why all the different softwares uses different ways to access via the web. If one works, all should work. Don't even talk about Pan and Tilt Pro, still unable to connect with that. I purchased the CM15A which came with Active Home Pro software for $49.99. 2 days later they sold all the additional software modules with the CM15A for the same price. I had to fight to get the other modules add for free. If I had to pay for the additional software, to get such bad results, I would be an angry brother. Those some timey softwares should always be free, until all bugs are fixed.

khenry

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:37:32 AM »

Well, Dan, if you read every message you might notice that at least there are fewer complaints now. I upgraded to the latest version and have not had any significant problems for the last week. I was any unhappy puppy earlier but things seem to be going fine now - quick, stable connections, access to video, remote pan, got 7 wireless cams going with pix ranging from good to bad (but that's a camera problem, not MyHouse). Maybe x10 released the software a little too early but it's going much better now.

JC_Carreiro

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »

Dan,

I was one of those who had quite a bit of problems connecting consistently to MyHouse Online.  With the latest upgrade I have had no problems what so ever connecting every time.  I find it hard to believe that I am stating this, as I thought at one time that I would never get it to work consistently, but it is now.  Even my Pan & Tilt cameras are working properly now.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.