Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help With X10 Comander  (Read 11650 times)

Yor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help With X10 Comander
« on: April 03, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

>:(  Hi All,  Hopefully you can all be more helpfull then the X10 support team.  I recently bought a X10 wireless system with 3 cameras and a VCR controler. I can get the cameras to transmit a signal, but I am not able to get the VCR comander to program to allow me to control the VCR
I read the breif instructions and flooloed them to the letter.  including leaving the tranmiter unpluged during the leaning period.  When I press the Record or play button it does blink and then go steady, but regardless what I do witht he control it never lears the signal and it eventulally times out.  THe stop buton does not go stead as it says.  Please help. 

ttran

Re: Help With X10 Comander
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »

This might seem silly but it took me 3 trikes to set it up right. the first two times it the light on the commander II did not blink or stay steady like it supposed to. I then wiped it out and tried the third time ( strike 3), and the light blinked or stayed on steady according to the intructions. and it works fine. hope this help.

Yor

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:18:07 PM »

Thanks for the info,  Unfortunatly I have already tried it at leat 6 times I have even tried wiping the memory acording to the instructions and relearning the codes but regardless what I do it always reacts the same way,  after selcting the fuctinoto learn and the light blinks it does not learn the code and it times out.  I havce tried moving the remote close , far, difernt angles, etc etc and notheing seams to help.

If I can not resolve this soon I will be looking to return it all and get a refund.  TO bad the rest of every thig looks great and works ok but with out the comander working it is all worthless.

Mystyx

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • eye see you
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 12:04:07 AM »

Yea it can be frustrating when it does not learn the first time or the 6th :)

It took me 3 times the first time to get it programmed...   changed it and took even longer to get it to learn that last command. It is picky and takes some patients, try waiting longer for the LED to come on and go off and maybe the remote is not close enough or the right angle as the cord is in the way for some remotes to be pointed optimally.
Anything is Possible, NOW!! But What can I afford?!
I Can't Afford Time, cause Money is so Important!!

RockinDolphin

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »

Hey, Y'all!

I've got to re-program my VCR Commander, as well. 'Haven't fooled with it in a while, so my memory is sketchy, but do what the instructions say and when you get to the part where you're supposed to press your remote button, you need to press the button REPEATEDLY. Don't press and hold. It seems like this was the best way. Also, Make sure you don't have the infrared LED repeaters plugged in.

As far as program the Commander for your cameras, if you have a remote that you can use to switch between cameras, you can use this in lieu of playing with the motion detectors. That's what I did and it was much quicker and easier.

~Kenny

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.