Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Custom Web Page with X10 Switches and Cameras  (Read 11268 times)

ShawnRailey

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Custom Web Page with X10 Switches and Cameras
« on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:45 PM »

I have just started my first X10 project and am having troubles getting the X10 object to work when accessing the webpage from the Internet.  Does anyone here have some experience with the X10 objects for ASP?

I have created a webpage that works fine on the server (inside the house), but when I access the webpage from the Internet I get an error "Object doesn't support this method or property".

Any help would be appreciated.

soldierx

Re: Custom Web Page with X10 Switches and Cameras
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

Hey Shawn, i'm trying to put up a webpage myself with images, trying to get my images to show up on my webpage. I'm usin x10 cameras with VA11A software. So far all I could get is the captured images to my hard drive I have no idea how to get them to the web and up on a webpage, do ya think you could lend me a hand you seem to have some idea of what's goin on with x10 cameras. It would be appreciated.

ShawnRailey

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »

Hello Soldierx,

I will be happy to post my results, if they ever get any better.  I'm still looking for someone with some experience coding with X10.  The documentation is limited and additional information seems unavailable.

I am curious how you got images to show up.  Share some of that code with me if you don't mind.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 06:16:54 PM »

There is a small post here   which maybe of some help! I think there were others in the SDK section!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ShawnRailey

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »

Thanks for all your input.  I still can't get the lights to turn on and off when using a computer other than the server (which is Windows 2000). 

I did find a pretty good control for streaming my Anaconda on the web.  It is Webcam 1-2-3 (http://www.webcam123.com/en/en-index.html).  The price is reasonable and works with the X10 cameras.  It is simple to use but you must make sure the software is running in publisher mode. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.