Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless camera reception  (Read 14746 times)

Gymrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Wireless camera reception
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:50:54 PM »

I've read most if not all of the posts on this topic and still cannot get the cameras right. I removed the RCA cable and replaced it with good coax from the receiver to the tv. I've tried all of the channels and facing the antennae in all sorts of directions. I disconnected all 2.4ghz deveces in the house and I still get a popping sound and a horizontal bar across the screen that is syncronized to the popping noise. One thing that I did notice is that if I move the receiver around and fiddle with power supply lead going into the receiver, it gets better on one camera but the others still have it. Can it be power line noise coming thruogh the a/c adapter or through the coax? Anyone? P.S. If these things are so proned to this problem why does'nt X10 do something? ???

Gymrat

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Wireless camera reception
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 01:39:38 PM »

Just for the heck of it, I placed a spare camera close to the reciever and low and behold perfect reception even with all 2.4Ghz devices plugged in. I just can't get cameras more than 10 feet away to work properly just yet. I guess if I want to look at all four corners of my living room, I'm set. I just don't get why X-10 markets these things the way that they do. If you can't have the cameras close to anything else like computers, phones or a T.V. then what good are they? How are you supposed to monitor them? They are unreliable at best and I wish I knew this ahead of time. I would have opted for the wired ones. :(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.