Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacement Power supply  (Read 16604 times)

donald mcmow

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Replacement Power supply
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:17:19 AM »

Can someone advise if there is a replacement Ninja power supply available. If so, Can you advise how to order and the price. Thank You

jonk

Re: Replacement Power supply
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:38:19 AM »

goatman195

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 05:40:04 PM »

I am looking for a power supply too! I bought 3 x10 cameras they had on sale and I didn't get a power supply with them I have contacted the x10 management and they keep giving the brush off telling me to go buy some at radio shack and you have to buy a adapter to toatal cost around $15.00 each.   Not a good way to do business and I have been buying from x10 for a couple years and this is how they treat there customers!!!         Not a happy camper.....

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

goatman195;  Was the supply part of the deal. Reason I asked is; maybe a few weeks back. They had a sale and it was with no supplies but they had some for an added price or they gave the Radio Shack Part Number for those that cared to go that route.

goatman195

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »

Yes it was a special I thought I clicked on sending the power supply with it for 4.95 each.   But when I got the camera's there was no power supply's so I checked it out and they only charged me for the Camera's, I made a mistake.  But I also have been in contact with the X10 suport and I have been trying to buy the power supply's at the regular price of 10.00  but the are not listed anywhere on the site so I asked how to order them and they told me to go to radio shack and buy a substitues brand for about 10.00 each and thyt I had to buy a adapter for about 5.00 each also.  I would prefer the original items.   but they don't want my business I guess??? 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »

I remember them posting that they where out of the supplies for a while. You may have clicked on the power supply and they where out and just didn't charge you for them.

goatman195

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 05:33:56 PM »

that might be what happened???   I really don't know?  But why won't they let me buy them??
the listing said they are $10.00 but there is nowhere to buy them on there site??  at least I can't find it?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »

They may not have any more. I ordered some of the LM14A Two-way lamp modules and they had sold out; before the web page showed sold out and stooped further orders. So I am waiting for a refund on the CC as the whole order was charged before the shortage was found.
Some stuff is untill stock is gone then no more.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »

goatman195

This surplus house has wall warts cheap.

http://www.allelectronics.com/

Search "wall transformers".  I don't know what the voltage/current/ and plug configuration is for cameras and Ninja (12V DC 500ma, 2.1 mm coaxial, ? etc) But "All Electronics will have them for cheap.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »

The XM14A Ninja power supplies are a little tricky.  They use a 3.5mm stereo plug to connect to the Ninja body.  As far as I can tell the voltage on one "channel" remains On constantly for the Ninja Pan 'n Tilt itself and the other "channel" is switched via X10 per the code dials for controlling the attached camera.  I suppose if you have only one camera, both channels could be connected to the same voltage source..
Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »

The instant on ones also have a connector like a 1/8" stereo connector. One stays on to keep the CCD on and the other on/off for the transmitter. The battery packs actually short both together so it is on all the time. Also the packs use 4 AA cells for 6 volts in and have areal small inverter to boost it to the more normal 12 volts. No reglated either. No camera on the supply and it soars to about 30 volts.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.