Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Introduction to the new forum  (Read 19938 times)

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Introduction to the new forum
« on: April 10, 2006, 06:41:58 PM »

This forum is a place to discuss home automation technologies from makers other than X10, including Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Insteon. If you have questions about these products, want to share your experience, or want help getting them to work with X10, this is the place to post.

omolara

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Introduction to the new forum
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:28:57 PM »

hi,
pls i would need help on my final year project. i want to use voice to control home appliances. I intend to use HM2007 IC, but i would like to control the devices wirelessly. Coonsidering the cost, since i would be controlling many devices, buying many tranceiver modules might be expensive, so i thought i could use a ZigBee. I dont kno much about this and i have been trying to read on it but am still confused. I do not kno if my choice of Zigbee  is the best to use without encounterin too much troubles. Also, i would like to know what interface to connect between the speech recognition device and the wireless device to actually control the devices. PLs, i need all the help i can get and all u kno on this. Lastly, i would want to know if more than one different devices that would be controlled separately can be connected to the X10 appliance Module. Thank you..................

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »

... i would like to control the devices wirelessly. .......
Also, i would like to know what interface to connect between the speech recognition device and the wireless device to actually control the devices.

I have been Voice commanding/controlling my X10 setup for more than a couple years now. I use BVC <Link (Bill's Voice Commander) a third party add-on software. Interfaced with X10's AHP (Active Home Pro). I have already posted all the info anyone could ever need to do this... at or linked from the [above] link (you'll even find videos). I did my setup on an extreme budget.... so it didn't even cost too much.

You can get BVC here.... along with any other X10 devices/modules you may need to build your setup.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:57:28 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bennyblancola

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »

I'd like to control AirSight X10 ip cameras with a Crestron CP3 3-Series Control System.  Are there any SDK's or modules provided for Crestron owners?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.